Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discussion of shrimp almost near to zero.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Discussion of shrimp almost near to zero.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    After AQ ban shrimp sales, i notice not much ppl talk about shrimps, will AQ pls consider lift off the ban? Is like killing shrimp hobby slowly. Really sad... 2014 coming...

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Discussion of shrimp almost near to zero.

There is still quite some discussions on shrimps going on in the forums despite it not being as active as the past.

Do keep a look out and help to contribute if you can

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hope they lift the ban soon

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

if the moderators decide to lift the ban, then they will have to think of a way to stop the buyers from complaining about wrong sales, seller not being honest.. that sort of thing.. which i think is impossible to eliminate totally.

haters will be haters..
    I am balding but i am still young!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Erctheanda View Post
    if the moderators decide to lift the ban, then they will have to think of a way to stop the buyers from complaining about wrong sales, seller not being honest.. that sort of thing.. which i think is impossible to eliminate totally.

haters will be haters..
    Truly agreed with you. I don't think the dishonest sales happened in shrimp only, others too. Don't get the rationale.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

when it comes to shrimps, it's not so much about "wrong sale" I think. it's like, my fire red shrimps for example. fire red grade to me, painted fire red to a new shrimp keeper or not so fussy buyer, but it might also mean a sakura grade to an expert shrimp keeper. since grading differs, conflicts are bound to happen, eg. aiya, that noob berny, self claimed fire red shrimp, go there see, only a tank full of mid grade sakura ,etc etc

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I agree, shrimps' grade is different according to different peoples' eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I'm new to AQ but I think a category topic for "Shrimps" should be added.

Would be helpful on shrimp discussions strictly. This should maintain if not encourage more shrimp hobbyist.

Pardon my ignorance, I'm new and about to start on my CRS.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

shrimps, belongs to the category of freshwater invertebrates. there are many past discussions and vital info in that area

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Maybe AQ should make seller or buyer to click on a agreement with BIG FONT that any shrimp dealing is between buyer and seller, it is funny that people can complain to AQ when they got the wrong type of shrimp or whatever that does not suit them from seller. Come on grow up ,AQ is not the one selling you shrimp,its like you go to facebook, you fall in love with a boy/gal from there, she/he cheated your feeling and you scold facebook creator (Mark Zuckerberg).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

As the saying goes, Mountain cannot find you, You can find Mountain. There is shrimp dicussion by Singaporeans, just not here. You just have to look at the right place.

You want to see animals, go zoo. Want to see birds, go Jurong Bird park.

On a separate note, Mods work for free, if shrimps create a lot of problems, which means more work for mods, you can understand why it is banned. There are screwed up people in this world not controlled by AQ. i agree with armourshrimp36 bro. The day when finally and absolute screwed up people have all matured, maybe the ban maybe lift.

By the way shrimp ban is on sales, not discussion. I do not see why interest on shrimps are maintained / encourage/ based only by sales. Looking at alvin chan's shrimps thread are enough to poison me already.
    Inspired by Amano Limited by Yusof Ishak

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by armourshrimp36 View Post
    Maybe AQ should make seller or buyer to click on a agreement with BIG FONT that any shrimp dealing is between buyer and seller, it is funny that people can complain to AQ when they got the wrong type of shrimp or whatever that does not suit them from seller. Come on grow up ,AQ is not the one selling you shrimp,its like you go to facebook, you fall in love with a boy/gal from there, she/he cheated your feeling and you scold facebook creator (Mark Zuckerberg).
    I think he is getting scolded everyday. LOL

I totally agree with you. even pictures of the shrimp can look different from the same shrimp due to color correction of screens and cameras.. My take is that the buyer should see before buying. see it in the tank.. because when shrimp is stressed, they lose color as well.. not forgetting elliptic shock due to transport can also cause shrimp to die...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Xmant View Post
    Truly agreed with you. I don't think the dishonest sales happened in shrimp only, others too. Don't get the rationale.
    Shrimps are a special kind compared to other items. They are sensitive, the buyer do not acclimatise proper and die, they blame seller and complain to AQ. Difference of personal level in gauging of grade is very common/rampant in shrimps compare to say plants.

Eric has also list out some. So many other reasons are not listed, so i believed you get the picture. So you can also imagine Mods' headache. I know because one of the mods complain of the headache. Haha
    Inspired by Amano Limited by Yusof Ishak

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

The reasons for the ban have already been explained time and again. The staff may consider lifting the ban but will the community abide by the rules?
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Agree with stormhawk. Oh well.. nothing we can do.

But I feel that the question really is.... With the ban, are there any ways to bring shrimp discussions back?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

The only way to revitalise the discussions is to find other shrimp varieties and not just Cherries, CRS, King Kongs and such. There is no discussion on other freshwater shrimp species at the moment. Nothing spoken about crabs of late either. If you ask me, even Hermit Crabs are fair game for discussion. The Invertebrates section is not solely just for shrimp. There are many other critters out there that are just as interesting, if not more fun than shrimps. In fact I bought a pack of the UAN Triops thing to try out for fun. Also, a long time ago there was a type of shrimp with a mottled body pattern, as if it was peppered with a lot of tiny dots. I never found out what it was to begin with but it was no Caridina, at least in my view.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

After AQ ban shrimp sales, i notice not much ppl talk about shrimps, will AQ pls consider lift off the ban? Is like killing shrimp hobby slowly. Really sad... 2014 coming...
    SMS lingo ..

This may sound offending to some, but give the points below a real good think.

Tell me if it is ok if you manage a place for free, and someone disturbs your sleep 4am in the morning to complain about a seller.
    Tell me how many shrimp genetics threads have been deleted that you have been involved on or know of.
    Tell me why shrimp have so many flaming at each other all the time.

Talk is really very cheap, your not the one who has to do things like remind no sms lingo, edit posts, become centerman so quarrels don't escalate to the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Xmant View Post
    Xmant

It's the niche hobbyist choose to react to each other, in discussion threads, backstabbing each other, creating groups and outcasting some.
    Not something new, but something that generates alot of hate between the hobbyists.

Ask you something, have you ever got sarcastic remarks or seemingly endless poking from the other shrimp groups, especially when you post PRL/BKK ect? Do you feel someone would go sms/whatsapp/pm a mod to complain?

Very frankly, i am no shrimp person. But even before a mod... i am not blind... shrimp group generates the most problems.
    When this niche group learn how to auto, the ban would be lifted.

Right now the ban is and will remain in effect.
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

We all need to calm down.

@armourshrimp36,

Your suggestion, while good, is not feasible for us. Problem being that there will be some people who choose to drag AQ into their disputes regardless of any disclaimer we put in.

@Xmant,

Nothing is truly problem-free. Of course there are disputes for other sales/trades, like equipment and such, but people settle issues for those in a civil manner. There were several unhappy threads about specific sellers, among those accusing people of various things like flipping, not sharing info, and several other things. I lost count how many arguments there were in threads about PRL, Wine Red, BKK, CRS etc. For example, I recall a thread where a person brought back shrimps from Thailand, and then someone said how could Thailand-bred shrimps be the same quality as those from Japan etc. Trivial things like this become a massive issue where shrimpers are concerned.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

just wondering if any other forums banned shrimps discussion and sales apart from AQ?

Believe that perhaps AQ can revive the section and absolve itself from all complaints arising from sales related activities?

I kind of side with the reasoning that same issues will arise from *any* kind of sales activities with any species or equipment....not just shrimps.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Discussions on shrimp are not banned here, only sales/trades are banned here. Please do not lump the two together.

As for whether sales are closed in other forums, I logged on to AF recently and could not view the buy/sell section. Whether that's the case just for myself or everyone else, I do not know. As already mentioned, there will be some unfortunate deals between members on other aquarium-related items, but nothing escalates into open flame wars and group attacks on specific people unlike some sour deals between shrimp keepers.

One of the threads by Xmant ended up in our Hellpit for bad threads, due to a massive flame war. At least 1 sales thread ended up getting locked for having some open disputes against the seller and between the various members. Various threads were locked due to unnecessary arguments and childish behavior on the part of the members involved. I'll give you an example of a thread locked after a dispute arose from a purchase of shrimps:

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...er-as-nishiki/

Here's another one that was locked after people questioned the intentions of the person who started it, even though it was a possible mass order:

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...-bred-Shrimps/

An example of unnecessary comments designed to discredit others:

So the price is already mark up?
    May we know how much is the mark up amount or percentage?
    Yup we are so jealous that you managed to produce a Wine Red look alike.
    Please la don't make it sound as if you know your stuff very well. What I heard is 1st sign on issue yOu will start calling for help.

Just tell the community you "name removed" want to monopolies the price and don't want other breeder or reseller to undercut u if they are able to produce it.

I heard from some people they bought from a high end breeder when shrimp die they seller also give the most common excuse their water have problem. Jeez I also hope buyers open their eyes big big.
    More examples:

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum.../82272-Warning <-- OP lost something when people came over to view and buy shrimps, plus some other discussions on unscrupulous sellers/buyers.

You need any more examples? When a person refuses to divulge how they bred a specific shrimp, they are automatically slammed for not sharing. Need I go on?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast