4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

teco chiller working normal?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Anyone here using teco TR series chiller? I have a query on its operating behaviour.

My setup is a TR10 connected to ehiem 2026 for a 2ft tank with a 40cm width. I set the temperature at 26C so everytime the temperature registered 27C, the chiller will kick in. It takes about 7 minutes to bring down the temperature to 26C. Temperature upon dropping to 26C, the led above the temperature display will go off, but it continues to produce humming sound which I reckon the fans are still running. This will stop after about 8 minutes before it remains silent. From my observation, when the led goes off, the air coming out is not hot and the temperature remains at 26C which leads me to think that the compressor is cut off once the temperature drops to my set temperature but fans continue to run. Is this normal? Does teco have the fans switching on for a while after the compressor is off?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: teco chiller working normal?

I have a TR15 and should be the same operation as TR10. What you describe is normal. TECO has programmed to kick in at +1C from setting. If there is fan failure, the display will show the error code "AL1". Read the manual to interpret the error code. Fans should run during kick in and after cooling. This is to ensure no heat buildup that could malfunction the condenser and motor. Fan should be blowing hot air during kick in. No hot air during kick in means something is wrong. Again check for error code.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

There is no error code seen so far. The chiller works fine to kick in when the water is 1C above my set temperature. However, I just find the following weird:
    When the led is on (kick in starts), the fans are blowing out hot air.
    When the led is off (kick in stops), the fan are blowing out room temperature air and will continue for about 8 minutes before they turn off on their own.

Then the cycle repeats when temperature of tank water +1C.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Bro Horst and others AQ Bros, since you are having the TR15, may I ask for your advice.
    I recently bought TR15.
    Set the Chiller temp 26 degree and temp setting with 1 degree different.

So, theoretically, Chiller will start/kick off when it hits temperature of 27 degree and will stop and change to standby mode when it chilled water to 26 degree.

I did a test in last night on my 3 FT tank, I have fill in 3 quarter, and plus Rockscape, estimate about 150 liter of water, so it should not take too long to chill.

But, it turns out it takes 3 hours to chill and finally the TECO TR15 stop, which the chiller built-in temp shows 27 degree.

I did a further check but using external thermo meter, it should as 22.7 degree. To confirm my unbelievable sight, I used another high-end external pope, it indeed showing the similar number, 23 degree.

Anyone has this similar encounter before ? it is very strange to have such a huge wide range of 4 degree difference, and what even more strange, it is my 3FT tank water is cooler than the water in the chiller itself.

There is no error signal/code and everything in the chiller is looks fine. Hot air when the chiller is working. I can’t figure out any possible issues/problems

A further research on the TR15, it is powerful and can chill up to 4 feet tanks, 90-200 g (1 = 3.8 liter, 270-600 liter).

Thanks in advance bro, for any of your feedback or advices