Country
    Singapore

Water Conditions of Various LFS

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hey guys,

was wondering if anyone have been crazy enough to go measured the water parameters of our local LFS before buying any livestocks?

I am planning to purchase some cichlids and though everybody says water to be best at above pH 7.5, I don't think those cichlids sold at I.e. Qian Hu lives in that pH ya?

inputs please!

thanks!
    “We know very little about what happens to Belugas in the wild, and it’s only through aquariums like this that we actually find out that information.” Clint Wright

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Water Conditions of Various LFS

It is hard to say what the water conditions are at the various LFS. Some LFS have bags of coral chips in their tanks, like at Polyart. Others will add ketapang and other stuff to specific tanks.

The water requirements for cichlids differ for species that come from different locations. For example, most apistos prefer slightly acidic water, but Rift Lake cichlids are more used to alkaline conditions. What do you intend to keep?
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

You can check out my thread on LFS bag water pH... the bag water i tested was from Qian Hu.

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...cclimatization

That being said, all the fishes (whether high or low pH species) at the larger LFS like Qian Hu or Seaview are all caught and put into buckets of water from the same centralized "bag water tub" and packed for purchase anyways. I guess the LFS bag water parameters are probably still moderate enough for those fishes to adapt to quickly.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Even smaller lfs like aquastar, 618,jzx will get water from their water drums for your little pail to hold the fish you are going to net. Do ask them if they put salt into them though. If they do and you are going to get salt sensitive species, better take the water from its tank.
    My fish list:
    BEC, L14, L27c goldline, L27d goldline thunder, L27 xingu platinum, L47, L90a, L160, L190, L200A, L239, L255, L330, L418,
    Steatocranus casuarius, Hyphessobrycon erythrostigma, Hyphessobrycon sp. White Fin, Puntius denisonii, Hyphessobrycon columbianus, Hemigrammus rythrozonus,
    Satanoperca Daemon, Geophagus sp. ‘tapajós red head’, Geophagus steindachneri