Images
    Country
    Singapore

Riparium plants and supplies

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Does anyone know where in Singapore to obtain riparium plants and supplies? The only place I've managed to find is online via www.ripariumsupply.com but it's a USA based site so shipping rates are killer, plus we can't really ship plants in due to AVA restrictions.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Riparium plants and supplies

You can check at local plant nurseries and get riparium compatible plants... look for those labelled as "hydro-plants", basically the ones that have been adapted (or can adapt) to growing in LECA/Hydroton balls and can draw the majority of their nutrients directly from water.

Here is a link to Island Landscape which sells hydro-compatible plants and the LECA/Hydroton balls: http://www.islandgroup.com.sg/hydroculture/default.php

Any plants that you see at LFS that are sold emersed in plastic cartons and simply tied to wood or steel mesh can also be ideal candidates as riparium plants, so you can try those too.

As for containers, check at neighborhood value or hardware shops (also can check Daiso) which sell those shower/sink caddies with suction cups, the ones for holding toothbrushes are usually the ideal size to use for holding small plants, the ones for holding cleaning brushes would be good for larger plants.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
    Does anyone know where in Singapore to obtain riparium plants and supplies? The only place I've managed to find is online via www.ripariumsupply.com but it's a USA based site so shipping rates are killer, plus we can't really ship plants in due to AVA restrictions.
    riparium supply doesnt ship out of usa unfortunately

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Yi xiang, try World farm for the supplies. Cheers.
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by limz_777 View Post
    riparium supply doesnt ship out of usa unfortunately
    I actually contacted the owner of riparium supply and he offered to ship to Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    You can check at local plant nurseries and get riparium compatible plants... look for those labelled as "hydro-plants", basically the ones that have been adapted (or can adapt) to growing in LECA/Hydroton balls and can draw the majority of their nutrients directly from water.

Here is a link to Island Landscape which sells hydro-compatible plants and the LECA/Hydroton balls: http://www.islandgroup.com.sg/hydroculture/default.php

Any plants that you see at LFS that are sold emersed in plastic cartons and simply tied to wood or steel mesh can also be ideal candidates as riparium plants, so you can try those too.

As for containers, check at neighborhood value or hardware shops (also can check Daiso) which sell those shower/sink caddies with suction cups, the ones for holding toothbrushes are usually the ideal size to use for holding small plants, the ones for holding cleaning brushes would be good for larger plants.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Moses Heng View Post
    Yi xiang, try World farm for the supplies. Cheers.
    Thanks! I ended up getting some supplies from a bro here The project got postponed due to a busy schedule and CNY, but I'll pick it up soon and look for plants at World farm and other nurseries with "hydro-plants"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Just bought something today that all of you might be of some interest. I bought a black coloured plastic pot which comes with a back hook and holes at the bottom today at AMK nursery for only $2.50. I tried it on my 3 feet tank and it fits perfectly, doesn't take up much space and kind of camouflaged against my black background. It is very useful for a Riparium, a cheaper alternative of the glass version, to me, it's safer, as I always break things that makes of glass ( I had already broken countless glass CO2 diffuser in my tank). I attached here some photos for all to see:
    2014-02-25-17.13.00.jpg2014-02-25-17.12.51.jpg2014-02-25-22.41.17.jpg