Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Is Sera Costapur Harmful To Plant & shrimps?

Feedback Score

Is Sera Costapur Harmful To Plant & shrimps?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    My 3ft tank is infested with white spot. Bought a bottle of Sera Costapur this afternoon for water treatment against the disease. I'm not going to quarantine the infected fishes as I have not aeration pump Someone had posted in this forum that it will not affect the plants & shrimps. Is that true?
    According to instruction, this treatment must carry out for 5 days. Should I change water after that?How effective is this medicine? Pls advice. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Despite what vendors say, many plants (and inverts) can be very sensitive to medications. Salt treatment is sufficient for ich and with no risks. Get those non-iodised salt from LFS.

The Fish forum section has lots of threads with details on salt treatment for ich. Do a search and you will find the answers.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Have been using it and my plants and shrimps are all ok.
    Corydoras: 2 x adolfoi, 1 x agassizii, 5 x albino aeneus, 3 x arcuatus, 4 x atropersonatus, 3 x axelrodi, 6 x axelrodi variante B, 4 x caudimaculatus, 5 x duplicareus, 8 x goldlines, 3 x kanei, 3 x loretoensis, 6 x melini, 4 x panda, 6 x schwartzi, 3 x similis, 4 x sterbai, 4 x surinamensis, 5 x trilineatus, 4 x tukano & 3 x zygatus

RIP 1 x adolfoi, 1 x albino aeneus & 2 x panda

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Is Sera Costapur Harmful To Plant & shrimps?

[quote:e7b27f5cb2="wssay"]My 3ft tank is infested with white spot. Bought a bottle of Sera Costapur this afternoon for water treatment against the disease. I'm not going to quarantine the infected fishes as I have not aeration pump Someone had posted in this forum that it will not affect the plants & shrimps. Is that true?
    According to instruction, this treatment must carry out for 5 days. Should I change water after that?How effective is this medicine? Pls advice. Thanks.[/quote:e7b27f5cb2]
    I have tried it before but did not work well for me in my 3' tank. Most of cardinal,emperor, threadfin died .

This year my 6' heavy planted and bioload tank was again infected with white spot due to sudden drop in temperature and stress to the fishes. Went to C328, the boss recommended "WaterLife" Protozin. He made some recommendation on the dosage for few days. So be prepared to buy few bottles if your tank is big like mine for the treatment course. Noted that your tank water will become blue and shall be clear by next day. After 3 days, not a single fish die and the white spots clear off after 1 week.

Feedback Score
    To Kingfisher.

How long does it take for the fish to recover from the disease? I follow the manufacturer instruction accordingly- 1ml per 20 litres for consecutive 5 days. More white spot seems to appear on the fishes after the first day. Today will be the 3rd day. Hope the situation is under control when I reach home tonight.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I think Costapur works better together with Ectopur.

The alternative is to use salt treatment like Budak's recommendation.

BC