Country
    Singapore

Arrowana RTG

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

My RTG is abt 27cm long, I feed it with dry meal worm.I do not wan to feed it wif live food.

Wif only dry meal worm, will it lack of all the necessary ingredient to grow.What food make the body grow thick n wide?

I try to fed it wif pellet but it keep on spliting it out.I was thinking there is a chance becos at least it try to eat the pellet.

I oso found a layer of oil cover the whole water surface due to the dry worm.

How can I overcome all this problem.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    why not feed with "fresh" raw food. Like market prawns. You may have to train the aro to take them though.

I've noticed that my arowana will spit out pellets that have been soaked too long and become soft. She will eat hard pellets that is just tossed in.

Some hobbyists starve the arowana to train them to eat certain foods. Male arowanas starve themselves for weeks while brooding fries in their mouth, so it's ok they don't eat for some time. MichaelKoh starved his for 3 months but they refused to be converted. In the end, he gave up.

I'm not sure if dried worms are nutritious enough.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    You can get a special fish food from Vista Point Woodlands. This pellet food is meant for pregnant arowana at fish farm but its consumed by my silver arowana. No need to worry for Nutrients.

Slightly long in shape. You just need to feed 2 pellets per day. Consumable by Luohan and silver catfish also.

It sold for $6. No brand attached as the LFS packaged it with plastic container with cover from those 10KG bags...the plastic container same as u buy noodles. Can last u for quite sometime.

So far, the scales of my silver baby is very nice and does not make the baby fat.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

re

Hi,

I just trade in a bigger RTG which the cert date is 3th Aug 2003 from wanhu.

I feel a bit worry becos this RTG which is strave for 3days still refuse to take in dried worm, dried shrimp and even market prawn.

The owner have been feeding it with live food like super worm, meal worm or centipede. This RTG is very greedy to live food no matter how much is thrown it will finish it all. But it seem like it dun like other food.

I got interested to train and feed it with market prawn in long term. This fish take in the market prawn n split out after some chewing. So I was wondering how to train it.I got that worry that if I strave it for too long it will stunt grow.