Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: users of eheim surface skimmer pls help...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

users of eheim surface skimmer pls help...

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    i already setup the surface skimmer...

i notice that the skimmer only works best at a particular angle although i noe that the skimmer is able to float on the suface within a certain range of angle due to evaporartion of water...

but only when the skimmer at around 40 degrees that it is able to skim the surface well and it creates lots of bubbles in the tube.

angles aways from the above i found out that lesser or no bubbles form the the tube, and that it does not skim the surface anymore. i tested with floating pellets..

how do ur find when using ur surface skimmer??

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: users of eheim surface skimmer pls help...

[quote:ae9db354d4="ahwei"]i already setup the surface skimmer...

i notice that the skimmer only works best at a particular angle although i noe that the skimmer is able to float on the suface within a certain range of angle due to evaporartion of water...

but only when the skimmer at around 40 degrees that it is able to skim the surface well and it creates lots of bubbles in the tube.

angles aways from the above i found out that lesser or no bubbles form the the tube, and that it does not skim the surface anymore. i tested with floating pellets..

how do ur find when using ur surface skimmer??[/quote:ae9db354d4]
    Hi ahwei,i have the same problems wif my eheim surface skimmer as well..quite iritating but got used to it oredi.As for the bubbles I'll juz decrease the amount of water entering the skimmer or fully submerge the nozzle for awhile and the bubbles will be gone.
    As for the skimmer to work well at the appropriate angle,I juz try to keep the water level as constant as possible.