Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: ants found inside bubble counter!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

ants found inside bubble counter!!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi

last saturday afternoon i opened my tank cabinet and to my horror and puzzlement i found lots of ants inside my bubble counter which is one end connected to co2 cylinder and the other end to external reactor. the co2 was on timer and was off at the time.

do u pple know how and why ants would get into the three-quarter filled bubble counter?

btw my tank was setup only for a week.

cheers

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I like this posting. It's strange and at the same time amusing.

My guess is that the ants were already in the tube or the bubble counter when you bought it.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    My guess is when u are preparing your reactor, you spilled some sugar solution. So after you prepared the reactor, just give the reactor bottle a light bath and wipe clean.

Meanwhile, change the water in the bubble counter and rinse the tube.

You will know how to deal with this kinda situation the next time you encounters it.

Feedback Score

Re:

[quote:5ad3790668="KnightStriker"]My guess is when u are preparing your reactor, you spilled some sugar solution. So after you prepared the reactor, just give the reactor bottle a light bath and wipe clean.

[/quote:5ad3790668]

i was there at his place and i really saw the ants, at least ten. he is using 5L co2 tank so it is not due to sugar solution. at that moment i thought the co2 could cause the water in the bubble counter to attract ants. thats why i ask him to post whether there is anybody with such experience.