Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Sfiligoi chiller

Sfiligoi chiller

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Does anybody have experience with this brand of chiller?

It is made in italy and is very compact. However, read in other forum that although the cooling tube is titanium, the water cup/container is pvc. Hence, the cooling is not so efficient. Moreover, sometimes there is condensation at the metal base of the chiller. :
    Cheers

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    no familiar with this brand of chiller.
    since there are negative feedbacks, why are you still considering this brand? is it cheaper than most other brands? are parts, service and warranty available should it breakdown?

The price is not cheap. It is about the same as Artica.

I consider that as it is carried by the big boy in the ornamental fish industry and they are the agent doing the maintemance. Also because the size is small and it is the only one that can go into my open center compartment of my fish tank cabinet.

The big boy is using them for their show tanks and seem to have no problem.

Cheers
    Cheers

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I am currently using 1 but I do not know what model I have as I've bought it as a 2nd hand. I've placed mine on top of a plastic stool and the base of the stool is sitting in an aluminium tray. Yes there are condensation forming sometimes and there will be water dripping sometimes too but the hot air coming out from the chiller will cause the water to evaporate eventually. I'm using it for my 2ft cube shrimp tank that is kept cooled at 26 degrees.

I've also bought it because of it's size and shape factor. If you intend to get 1, placed it on a tray. The tray will help to collect whatever water that might drip from the chiller. In my case it rarely happens now and the tray has been dried since. I've noticed that the hot air eventually evaporate whatever water that was collected in the tray.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Yes, the size is very attrative.

Want to ask you whether the thermometer is built in (or it uses a thermometer probe in the tank) and how often does the compresser kick in?

Do you have any complaint on this brand of chiller?

(My tank is about the same size as yours. The vendor advised me to buy the medium rather than the small Flite model although the small one should be sufficient. The physical size of the two is the same.

Cheers
    Cheers