Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Woot woot, another forum to ask for advice/help on!

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

Woot woot, another forum to ask for advice/help on!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Sup folks! I'm active on about 8 other forums because I believe having the most opinions/advice is best and today while googling up some info on my Narrow Leaf Java Fern I just got from petsmart, I found a thread here and went: "Ooo, another forum." heh. So here I am!

I'm currently in the last stretch of the Nitrogen cycle, fishless, with my nitrites high, just waiting for my nitrates to spike and the other 2 to zero-out. I'm hoping this week it'll be ready but i wouldn't be surprised if it carried on to next week which would suck cus my dad is driving up to visit and he's ganna walk in this weekend and go "Uh... Jen why do you have an empty fish tank?" and then get angry... cus he's just like that. -facepalm- Oh well. I'm to the point I don't care anymore haha. But yeah... 20g long with flourish/white sand substrate.

(BTW if anyone gets my username... hint it comes from a game... I love you long time. It will be the name of my future betta (whom will be purple to match it))

Anywho... yeah... muahaha i'm a forum-holic. Yup.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Woot woot, another forum to ask for advice/help on!

HAHAHA, we just don't get enough of such introduction posts!

Welcome to AQ!

Will help if i know the answer to you question(s)!
    I am balding but i am still young!

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Welcome...
    woot,woot back at you...

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

Well it finally happened. I tested this morning and Nitrites were still there, though for the past 2 days it has been slower to change to purple. What I mean is, when I hit the spike the first time, the tube changed purple IMMEDIATELY after adding the drops, before even inverting. The past two days it had been taking a few seconds to change, and really just stayed a dark blue until I inverted the tube.

Tested this morning, still had nitrites. Tested just now at.... 11pm... and I now have 0 Amm, 0 Nitrites, and a whooooole lot of Nitrates as it should be. My friend is taking me to the store Friday to get the fish since it's too cold now to bike home (I only live a few city blocks away from Petsmart) Montana just hit a bad cold spell so I figured I'd play it safe.

These were the readings. I took the Nitrite test twice cus the first time I was like "Wha-what? Did I miscount the drops?" so I took in a second time, counting carefully and turned out the same. Clearly there are no more Nitrites.

So Friday after I get home I'll do a 90% WC, clean my filter (its full of tannis and random pieces of plant fluff) and go get my fish <3

Ganna dose my take up with ammonia as a test tonight and then test tomorrow when I get home and hopefully it'll zero-out. Soooo took me... 4-5 weeks total to cycle? Yup.