Images
    Country
    Singapore

Fuzzy glow in pictures

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all may i know what may be causing this fuzzy glow around this plant? Is it because it is acting as a light diffuser of some sort? And what can i do to remove this effect?

From the top view or when i look at it visually , it does not produce this glow but when a picture is taken from the front it glows as shown in the top view picture and front view picture. this is not algae , it only exists in the picture

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Fuzzy glow in pictures

can you take another shot, this time with the camera turned upside down?
    Meaning the soil is on top.
    I am balding but i am still young!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Erctheanda View Post
    can you take another shot, this time with the camera turned upside down?
    Meaning the soil is on top.
    Sure, the glow still appears though. It happened before in the past where i keep xuehua, which is quite similar to this one.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

is your lens clean?
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I am using a regular point and shoot camera, and it looks clean to me. only this plant appears blurry and fuzzy , the other plants as you can see are unaffected.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

My best guess is the glass is blur, which may not sound intellectual at all.. haha
    can try this..
    take a piece of printed waterproof material like a laminated newpaper cutting or printed arcylic and put it sticking the front glass panel in the water. see if the printing changes in resolution in that blur area.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I will try when i find one, for now i suspect is the plant is diffusing or reflecting light not visible to my eyes, it happens to those white plastic spoons etc also.
    Either that or my plant is actually a super saiyan haha

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

It could be a chromatic aberration or flare.

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...knowhow15.html

You can try to re-angling your lightings.

Second possibility, it could be green spot algae behind those plants. Perhaps can wipe the tank first before shooting?
    Fishy Tank Results Algae Vs Dodofish 2 : 0

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

nice link. there do not seem to be algae in my tank, so i guess it is cause by this flare or some other effect.

When i got time i shall play around with my lights and see if it helps. the glow seems to vary in intensity when i change cameras. maybe it is a combination of both lighting problems and that this particular plant is good at diffusing/reflecting light.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tatguy View Post
    nice link. there do not seem to be algae in my tank, so i guess it is cause by this flare or some other effect.

When i got time i shall play around with my lights and see if it helps. the glow seems to vary in intensity when i change cameras. maybe it is a combination of both lighting problems and that this particular plant is good at diffusing/reflecting light.
    Welcome. Actually, different lens optics will have different properties. Chromatic error is inevitable. This is the same for the glass which we shoot through. Adjusting the distance of the lights will helps sometimes too.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Actually in real life, the picture is not so green either, my red plants are suppose to be red and the soil is suppose to be the ADA color . It is only about a week old. Maybe my camera really "CMI" haha or maybe my photography "CMI"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I think its not the camera for a few reasons. the reason why i asked to turn the camera upside down is to eliminate lens issues.

i ruled out aberration also because in the picture, there are other plants or objects that aberration can be more evident.

TS changed cameras and the glowing is still there, i think its either super saiyan plant or glass issue...

If its super saiyan, i want your trimmings ok? I make early booking. hahaha

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Erctheanda View Post
    I think its not the camera for a few reasons. the reason why i asked to turn the camera upside down is to eliminate lens issues.

i ruled out aberration also because in the picture, there are other plants or objects that aberration can be more evident.

TS changed cameras and the glowing is still there, i think its either super saiyan plant or glass issue...

If its super saiyan, i want your trimmings ok? I make early booking. hahaha
    Just google the word. There is a possibility that it is super saiyan glow as the word defines it. I will also like to have some glow in my tank so I can "Huat" haha.

Any spares?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks for all the replies with tips, learning a lot as I'm also new to photography and invariably there is something in my tank or around my tank that messes up my photos! I think some plants just have a knack of reflecting light the wrong way causing glare; coupled with the tank glass then camera mechanics it ends up looking a lot different from real life.. I had a similar problem with my lotus, think the leaf is just too flat, big and light-coloured, still looking for ways to get better photos

IMG_8332.jpg
    Taken with iphone so I guess I shouldn't complain so much

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Can can that plant I plan on giving out anyway. I use it to judge my tank condition because it grows fast and hard to kill. anyhow cut at stem part be it floating or not also can survive. Anyone interested can PM me for a few stalks. It is relatively common though. limnophila.sp

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Picture of the same plant, look at the growth rate haha. they seem to be less "fuzzy" when its leaves are closed. I took at picture of it a few hours after lights off.
    An this is what the plant that appeared yellow in the front is suppose to look like.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

As far as editing some of the effects out, wouldn’t you just be able to reduce some of the glow with a few alternatives online? Maybe GIMP which is a free program that really does rival Photoshop. It is something a bit strange though to see like that.