Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CONFUSED about substrate

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: CONFUSED about substrate

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hmm never heard of dragon moss before..... haha

Since you already planted, leave it bah... monitor the growth first

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by wongce View Post
    Bow to GRANDMASTER ERIC....

Hi Filzan, the Hair grass can be planted in less dense form... in fact plant them strand by strand is the best. They grow better individually and you can cover the whole soil area.
    Rise! Rise!
    Agree with wongce. Can split up if your hand ever get itchy. I personally find they spread better when sparsely planted. Reason is... Don't know how to explain...

Quote Originally Posted by Filzan View Post
    hi bro erctheanda, nope its not baby tears. the baby tears i put it at the bottom of the DW. The LFS owner told me its dragon moss.. but after i bought it i tried to google it i cant find anything called dragon moss though.

have you heard of it bro ?

well maybe i should take it down
    Dragon moss.. My take is that it's a fancy name for some moss we already know. If it grows upwards, it's flame moss, if it grows downwards, my best guess is weeping moss. More carry a synonym to dragon to me..
    I am balding but i am still young!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

ok bro wongce i will monitor the growth. Damn man at work all i can think about is the plants LOL

ok bro eric, since you mentioned it looks more like weeping moss now. hahah!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Try taking a picture of the moss like thing close up, you do not want the whole thing to start rotting if it is not aquatic.

They are right smaller bunch better, about 5 strands a bunch would be good, or 2-3 of a connected plant/rhizome? too many in a bunch firstly makes it spread slower because the ones inside need to grow out and compete with those on the outside and sometimes if you are not very lucky or using emerged form ones, part of it might rot and it is quite hard to trim off the rotting parts in big bunches.

Smaller bunches also easier to plant because it does not float up that easy

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Filzan, most newbie will KENA a disease called ITCHY HAND SYNDROME... beware of it..lol ... leave it and let them grow... don't think too much...use your eye power to boost their growth when you are free lol...

You can ask grandmaster eric..bow again, to teach you on eye power... he expert...

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Filzan, most newbie will KENA a disease called ITCHY HAND SYNDROME... beware of it..lol ... leave it and let them grow... don't think too much...use your eye power to boost their growth when you are free lol...

You can ask grandmaster eric..bow again, to teach you on eye power... he expert...
    correction.

"most newbie" should be "most hobbyists"

eye power everyone also know... its one of the essential NS skills one must acquire.
    I am balding but i am still young!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tatguy View Post
    Try taking a picture of the moss like thing close up, you do not want the whole thing to start rotting if it is not aquatic.

They are right smaller bunch better, about 5 strands a bunch would be good, or 2-3 of a connected plant/rhizome? too many in a bunch firstly makes it spread slower because the ones inside need to grow out and compete with those on the outside and sometimes if you are not very lucky or using emerged form ones, part of it might rot and it is quite hard to trim off the rotting parts in big bunches.

Smaller bunches also easier to plant because it does not float up that easy
    there you go bro tatguy abit blur sorry ah
    image(2).jpeg image(1).jpegimage(3).jpeg

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

HAHAHA my hands itchy liao bro wongce!!! damn i should have a done a better job setting up hahah

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

hmmm for the moss that is on the tree is there a need to add any liquid fertilizers ? or can it survive for 2 weeks without any ? since my payday is next week muahahah

and i have a feeling that my baby tears is dieing it doesn't look very green anymore

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12