Country
    Singapore

Surface Skimmer effective?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

need some of your views. How effective is a surace skimmer?

I just got a TOM surface Skimmer and installed it in my 2 ft tank, howvwer, after 1.5 days, the water surface is stilled covered with a layer of oil?

Is this normal? Dis I do anything wrg or I din do?

Pls advise
    Thx all

did you turn the knob till water is sucked in thru the top?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi wat do u mean?
    i turn untill the screw thing fully down..
    pls advise.. wat did i do wrg?

thx

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    After you correctly set it up, you should notice floating debris floating towards the inlet of the skimmer. Otherwise you are not doing it right.

See the back of the skimmer's packaging as there's more information on using it.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i think i noe wats the prob..
    the skimmer in floating on top the water surface.. its not btw the water surface.. how do i make it in btw the water surface?

thx

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:f2c80cc803="juggler"]After you correctly set it up, you should notice floating debris floating towards the inlet of the skimmer. Otherwise you are not doing it right.

See the back of the skimmer's packaging as there's more information on using it.[/quote:f2c80cc803]

oso, i got 2 extra, short plastic tubes, i don no wat it is for?
    are they needed?
    pls advise..
    thx again

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    You are suppose to turn the screw up and notice the sucking effect.

The water is drawn from both the top and bottom. When you screw it all the way down, it is easier for the water to suck in from the bottom vents. By closing part of the vents (screwing up), less water enter from the bottow and create a suction effect from the top.

A careful adjustment should enable you to adjust the top whereby the water seams in and the entire vial do not sink in the skimmer.

If you turn the screw all the way up, then the vial will sink and float and repeat itself.

Hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:52cbf23e32="cherietung"]You are suppose to turn the screw up and notice the sucking effect.

The water is drawn from both the top and bottom. When you screw it all the way down, it is easier for the water to suck in from the bottom vents. By closing part of the vents (screwing up), less water enter from the bottow and create a suction effect from the top.

A careful adjustment should enable you to adjust the top whereby the water seams in and the entire vial do not sink in the skimmer.

If you turn the screw all the way up, then the vial will sink and float and repeat itself.

Hope that helps.[/quote:52cbf23e32]

Hi Bro cherietung

your explnation is perfect..got wat u said and did exactly wat u told me too..working alrite now!!!!
    thx man!!!! really appreciate it!!!!
    btw this means the suction frm the btm lilited lah? den will this affect the 'cleaning of the water?

thx again bro!!!