Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Kamikaze(s) ??!!

Kamikaze(s) ??!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey...i recently removed the hood of my Juwel Tank to install more lightings and ever since then I have been experiencing deaths of my critters mainly through their 'jumping' activity.

Well..basically..they jump out of the tank onto the ground about 1metre down onto the floor.
    I would think that even IF they do survive the impact of the fall from the top of tank, they probably wouldn't survive the amount of time they spend out of water(by the time my maid discovers them at around 6am in morning).
    Yes this mainly happens at night..when the lights are off....I would probably think they are startled when my maid switches on the light in morning which just sends them into a frenzy.

any of u here experience the same thing? a yamato just passed on this morning. a rainbow fish passed on the day before..and a neon tetra on monday..sigh..

any suggestions on how i can rememdy this 'crisis', aside from placing a cardboard/styrofoam board over at night, or even worse still, putting an unsightly netting over tank?

Feel free to add on!

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It only happen to me when there is problem with my water parameter... too high CO2 or NO2, etc...

BC

Hougang, Singapore / Tg Balai Karimun, Indonesia
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:65b99885ca="bclee"]It only happen to me when there is problem with my water parameter... too high CO2 or NO2, etc...

BC[/quote:65b99885ca]

Same here. Woke up this morning to find 10 dried shrimps and a dry SAE.

Checked and found excess CO2 (50ppm) or insufficient O2, becaues one bulb had gone out so plants were not making enough O2 to last through the night, hence the sudden jumpers.
    Warm regards,

Lawrence Lee

brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
    Philippians 4:8

i don't think mine is due to water parameters..i off CO2 at night...
    i think mine is due more to critters getting the sudden fright due to my maid switching living room lights..i only on aquarium lights at 12pm ...so yah..its more of the living room lights...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    most likely is the sudden brightness or darkness...
    u can cover the top of the tank with netting to prevent unwanted take off of ur critter..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Better check you CO2 level. My fishes are more jumpy with they are "intoxicated" by CO2. I also turn off my CO2 at night.

BC

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    perhaps you can install chiller and close all your lids.

but it seems to be your water quality. I use juwel tanks and no problem with small fishes.

last jump was my snake head when the lid was open. survived 8 hrs on the floor but too weak to defend itself and got terminated by my 6ft eel.

better check your water.