Feedback Score
    Country
    United Kingdom

Lime/Yellow fungus on shrimp

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Has any one come across this on there shrimps and if so how have you cleared it? To me it looks like some form of fungus.
    The orange cherry is in a nano tank which contains 10 orange cherries, 4 pygmy cory's and 3 otto's. Two of the cherries are infected, the others seem clear.

The what I think is a red rili but could be a young red cherry (came in a bag of blue jellies by accident) is in another nano, with 4 blue jellies and the same amount of cories and otto's as the other tank, this did have 10 gold back yellows but they have been moved to my 120l tank but there are a few baby yellows still in there. Only the one shown has the infection in that tank.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Lime/Yellow fungus on shrimp

take them out as this disease is contagious.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

My shrimp died from it. i tried using salt bath to cure
    "When in doubt, do a water change."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

salt bath doesnt work on these.

chk out my thread titled green stuff on shrimp.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Damn. I have the same petfran tonic care( potassium permanganate ). I didn't use it.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    "When in doubt, do a water change."

Feedback Score
    Country
    United Kingdom

Just an update.
    Before there was any replies left on this site/post, and after some extra googleing, I had started to treat the Orange Cherry tank with JBL Fungol Plus, today is the second dose (third day) and so far it seems to be working, to a degree (albeit one of the worst affected died yesterday) I'm not sure if the one that died, was the one in the photo but there was two with about the same amount of fungus on, It still looks about the same so far, but after I had put this post up, I noticed that a couple more of the shrimps had one or two tufts/strands of the fungus between the eyes, this now seems to have gone.

Now I'm not sure if this is just coincidence but I have 6 different tanks containing shrimps and the two tanks that have become infected are the only two tanks that I had forgotten to replace the Catappa leaves (Almond leaves), which are reported to have anti-fungal properties.

So my conclusion is thus, Almond leaves probably do help prevent fungal attacks and JBL Fungol or Fungol Plus, does seem to be an effective treatment for this fungus, so far, and I'll come back with further updates as the treatment continues.

A word of warning though, it does state within JBL's literature on Fungol, that some inverts may be intolerant, so tread carefully if you want to try this with Crystals and make sure you stick to the dose they recommend or even slightly under dose.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

nice info. i think those in the later stages of the disease have a slim chance of getting cured.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

My infected shrimp has been surviving from this fungus for 3 weeks. The fungus seems to be disappearing

Sent from my HTC Desire 601 using Tapatalk
    Always there to help even if i can't i'll try my best to

Feedback Score
    Country
    United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by KilliNewbie View Post
    My infected shrimp has been surviving from this fungus for 3 weeks. The fungus seems to be disappearing
    Hopefully this continues for you and it clears up but keep a close eye on things, it could be that your shrimps have molted off the fungus, so I'd suggest you remove any shells you see for a while, so as to not re-infect.
    Out of interest, do you use Almond or Banana leaves to feed your shrimps? Both are meant to have anti fungal properties.

As to my treatments so far, it seems that it has worked, I have completed 3 doses of bottle one and I am about to do the first dose of bottle two, and I can't see any traces of fungus on any of the shrimps, and there is also a number of babies in the tank which I hadn't noticed before, so fingers crossed this has done the job.