3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Decisions decisions! CO2 in a shrimp tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all! I'm in the midst of setting up my planted shrimp tank. Right now, I have Blyxa japonica, echinodorus, mini fissidens and eriocaulon in it. It's a 2 feet tank, using ADA Amazonia as the substrate, UP Aqua Pro Z LED for the lights. No dosing of fertilizer as it is a shrimp tank. However, I'm thinking of using CO2 for the tank. I could see my echinodorus lightening up so I'm thinking this might be the cause. Any advice? It would great too if anyone could suggest a shrimp-friendly fert that I could use. Thanks guys!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Decisions decisions! CO2 in a shrimp tank

I am using Borneo wild lush. Seachem trace and excel
    Recent studies shows that putting recent studies in your statement have a higher percentage of trust people put into your recent studies. What?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Naraki View Post
    I am using Borneo wild lush. Seachem trace and excel
    Are these free from copper hence shrimp-safe? So this means I won't need CO2?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

what echinodorus do you have?
    I am balding but i am still young!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Not any that I know of. I used them from time to time
    Recent studies shows that putting recent studies in your statement have a higher percentage of trust people put into your recent studies. What?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Erctheanda View Post
    what echinodorus do you have?
    I have those exotic ones e.g. Satan species, Iguazu etc.
    Not any that I know of. I used them from time to time
    Oh ok! What shrimps are you keeping?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi guys I'm using soil from crs haven and been cycling tank for about a week and a half. I used crs liquid bacteria, mosura bt9 and a zoo max bio ball, suddenly my water turn cloudy and it has been like that for 5 days already. What is happening? Should I change all the water or? Ammonia reads at 1ppm and no nitrite, about 6.6 ph

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by betta_luRver View Post
    I have those exotic ones e.g. Satan species, Iguazu etc.

Oh ok! What shrimps are you keeping?
    Neos and caridinas

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Given your list of plants, I would say no need for supplemented co2. But that said, I am assuming large amount of water and low number of plants. If the plant mass increases, you will have to supplement co2.
    I am balding but i am still young!

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Agree with uncle eric.... but of course you can have plants grow faster with co2 supplement

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Erctheanda View Post
    Given your list of plants, I would say no need for supplemented co2. But that said, I am assuming large amount of water and low number of plants. If the plant mass increases, you will have to supplement co2.
    Oh ok.. Always thought that the Blyxa and Echinodorus needs it. I'm just troubled that the echinodorus don't look as dark green as how they used to be when they were first brought in. Right now, I'm guessing it's either the CO2 or the lighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by wongce View Post
    Agree with uncle eric.... but of course you can have plants grow faster with co2 supplement
    So for a shrimp tank, do you think I need fert supplementation as what bro Naraki has suggested?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

So for a shrimp tank, do you think I need fert supplementation as what bro Naraki has suggested?
    Hold on. I merely shared what I used. Not accountable for any shrimp deaths. But I have used them for a month+ now with no death. And I only dose 1/2 the recommended dosage

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Oh ok.. Always thought that the Blyxa and Echinodorus needs it. I'm just troubled that the echinodorus don't look as dark green as how they used to be when they were first brought in. Right now, I'm guessing it's either the CO2 or the lighting.

What shrimp you keeping?

Add fert is always at hobbyist risk, those who add mostly try keep risks at minimum by adding less fert.

There are people who add fert in shrimp tanks, but asking them to commit it's shrimp safe.... Not many will... Wait shrimp die no one wants to be held responsible for it.

Sent from GT-N7105 powered by Temasek CM11
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hold on. I merely shared what I used. Not accountable for any shrimp deaths. But I have used them for a month+ now with no death. And I only dose 1/2 the recommended dosage
    Thanks for clarifying bro! No worries, I did a search myself. Saw that they are shrimp-safe as stated on GC's website
    Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    What shrimp you keeping?

Add fert is always at hobbyist risk, those who add mostly try keep risks at minimum by adding less fert.

There are people who add fert in shrimp tanks, but asking them to commit it's shrimp safe.... Not many will... Wait shrimp die no one wants to be held responsible for it.

I see, the thing is, there are many ferts that are shrimp-safe developed by the Taiwanese. However, most if not all are not readily available for local use. I am keeping Pure red lines

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks for clarifying bro! No worries, I did a search myself. Saw that they are shrimp-safe as stated on GC's website

I see, the thing is, there are many ferts that are shrimp-safe developed by the Taiwanese. However, most if not all are not readily available for local use. I am keeping Pure red lines
    It ultimately depends on the dosage recommended enough or not to affect the shrimps.

Which Taiwan brand? Website have?

It would be good to see a nice well planted tank with prl instead of the everyday cherries/malayan/Yamato.

Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    It ultimately depends on the dosage recommended enough or not to affect the shrimps.

Which Taiwan brand? Website have?

It would be good to see a nice well planted tank with prl instead of the everyday cherries/malayan/Yamato.

I had seen them on facebook from taiwan shrimp breeders. Will try to get the links... So in the meantime, I shall not do anything? No CO2 right?