3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Treatment for Algae Outbreak

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Just sharing my experience so far...I bought the white bottle which is 500ml, I saw e black bottle which is 250ml but didn't went for it as I will be dosing in my 4ft and the white bottle is more economical.
    Been dosing for 3 weeks; 40ml for week 1 & 2 and 45ml for week 3 as I see no effect at all. BBA is still all over e fern and foreground plants. Will be dosing another round of 45ml or I might increase it to 50ml come this Sunday after water change. Hope it works.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by mivec1997 View Post
    Just sharing my experience so far...I bought the white bottle which is 500ml, I saw e black bottle which is 250ml but didn't went for it as I will be dosing in my 4ft and the white bottle is more economical.
    Been dosing for 3 weeks; 40ml for week 1 & 2 and 45ml for week 3 as I see no effect at all. BBA is still all over e fern and foreground plants. Will be dosing another round of 45ml or I might increase it to 50ml come this Sunday after water change. Hope it works.
    Hi Mivec ,
    My case was better untill the 4th dose in the past , but however I still do some manual removal and daily excel .
    somehow or rather it helps , although no BBA now I still dose as maintainence/prevention .
    Hope that helps

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by milk_vanilla View Post
    Saw seaview has it, both 250 & 500 ml bottle. Last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seaview has it ? which part it located at ? i been there but didnt see any easylife product

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

if i never remember wrongly, it is at the shelf directly opposite the CO2 accessories. If you plan to buying, i suggest you call them first. the last i went on 30th march, the 500ml is sold out.
    Inspired by Amano Limited by Yusof Ishak

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

i have been dosing 6ml for my roughly 60ltr tank. every week water change for about 20%-30% of water. afterwhich, i topup 6ml back. 3 weeks in, the result are not very significiant, it seems like the bba growth rate has slow down, but i am not sure if it is just me imagining things. One thing is for sure the BBA is still there to stay.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by bennyc View Post
    i have been dosing 6ml for my roughly 60ltr tank. every week water change for about 20%-30% of water. afterwhich, i topup 6ml back. 3 weeks in, the result are not very significiant, it seems like the bba growth rate has slow down, but i am not sure if it is just me imagining things. One thing is for sure the BBA is still there to stay.
    BBa sure are a pita algae , by the way your set-up is co2 introduced ?

another thing cbong mention is this "I carried out 20% water change weekly for four times"

not sure it meant 4 x 20% water changes in a week or other wise

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi lim, mine is pressurized co2 setup.

If I read it and with some guess work. I think he mend to say 20% water change weekly with 4 weeks in the regime already

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by bennyc View Post
    Hi lim, mine is pressurized co2 setup.

If I read it and with some guess work. I think he mend to say 20% water change weekly with 4 weeks in the regime already
    ok i see , i intend to try it out on my non-co2 set-up , see if works

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Treatment for Algae Outbreak

I had co2 piping problem in about few months back, beyond my knowledge. And end up with bba on brasiliensis, majority.

I fixed the co2, while use this product for trial and error. I cut mostly the affected plants, now it's growth back to normal.

I'm very sure this product just help you to do restoration. But your mitigation action will take utmost priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Ya, milk vanilla. Based on my experience, it with only help slow down algae but I do not have the luck that the product destroys all algae.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I've just done a test on AlgeFix and completed a 4 week treatment course, here is my experience...

I bought the white bottle version:

Although i don't have any major algae issues in my tanks at the moment, i do allow a layer of green fuzzy algae to grow on bare hardscape, which i actually consider as part of the aquascape. So i figured it would be interesting to see the treatment's effect on this type of algae (in case i need to manage it in the future).

I dosed according to the bottle instructions at 1 ml per 10 liters of tank volume per week. My tank volume is around 64 liters so i dosed slightly less at just 6 ml each time. The active ingredient listed on the bottle is salicylate.

There was no change in my routine maintenance, water changes, lights, Co2, fertilizer dosing or feeding regimen... everything was still kept the same. No noticeable issues encountered with the fishes and shrimps during the treatment, so it seems to be safe with most fauna.

Here is the effect shown on Week 1 (left photo) vs Week 4 (right photo):

From the side-by-side comparisons, the treatment worked quite well to gradually reduce this type of algae. At least now i know how to manage it if required.

After completing the 4 week recommended treatment course, i missed seeing the nice green fuzzy algae covering the rocks... so i've since stopped treatment dosing to allow the algae to grow back.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

The difference is quite significant.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I'm into my 5th week now and all hair algae has completely disappeared. The glasses don't require frequent cleaning. And best thing is the bba are slowly but surely clearing up. Highly recommended

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

careful not to over dose it ,seem like it does affect the dissolved oxygen , if so try to aerate the water during lights off ,http://www.rybarstvi.eu/pub%20rybari...Postulkova.pdf

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yeah, these type of chemical additives can have a reducing effect on oxygen levels... what i 've found to work well is to only dose them during the lights-on period, usually when the plants are actively pearling which indicate high oxygen saturation in the water. That routine helps to minimize oxygen-related issues.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I believe there are 2 versions of this product for 2 specific groupsof algae. So just double check before buying.

Was dishearten and was accepting the fact that algae is part of aquascaping when I read someone mention that he had tried ALL algae products on the shelf and none of them really work, this product you recommended seems to have a lot of possible feedbacks. Thanks for sharing this product TS, a savior for those troubled by algae!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

While I started and shared this thread, I opine that the treatment should not be the solution for algae problem. It merely help to treat; and we shd still strive to manage the water quality as the root.

Tapatalk using iPhone
    Peace & Tranquillity
    My Photos:
    http://www.freewebs.com/cbong/index.htm

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

Algae is just part of the Eco-system. When you see them in your tank, it shows the sign of imbalance inside your tank, sort of like a indicator. As cbong has mentioned, Anti-Algae product is not the only solution to the cure for algae problem. You need to find the right balance in your tank, e.g. ferts/CO2/circulation/water quality/plant trimming etc... usually is the main cause. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    I believe there are 2 versions of this product for 2 specific groupsof algae. So just double check before buying.

Was dishearten and was accepting the fact that algae is part of aquascaping when I read someone mention that he had tried ALL algae products on the shelf and none of them really work, this product you recommended seems to have a lot of possible feedbacks. Thanks for sharing this product TS, a savior for those troubled by algae!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

Feedback Score
    Country
    Denmark

Where can find local ly?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by surreal1228 View Post
    Where can find local ly?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
    I assume you mean singapore. It is already mention in the thread. I shall help you extract , NA , seaview, clementi blk 328 both shops. Call before you go to check if they have stock.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast