Country
    Denmark

Re: Treatment for Algae Outbreak

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyc View Post
    I assume you mean singapore. It is already mention in the thread. I shall help you extract , NA , seaview, clementi blk 328 both shops. Call before you go to check if they have stock.
    Sorry missed that. Thank u Bro blenny. Will call to check.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

the other product easy carbo apparently kills bba if direct soak

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

EasyLife Carbo is just like Excel but stronger and also more expensive.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Just bought a bottle if algexit to combat a recent bba.

Not exactly serious yet, but upon seeing all the positive feedback, ought to give it a try and stop them in it's roots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Did not work much for my bba problem, i still find spot dosing the bba with excel and letting the clean up crew clear it after it turned colour is still the best way for me or maybe my bba is too persistent.

But i did find lesser green spot algae on my wall, i am half half about this product.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hello, can I ask if I must remove the carbon filter when using this product?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by fateddee View Post
    Hello, can I ask if I must remove the carbon filter when using this product?
    Removing the carbon filter would be better whenever dosing any chemical-based treatments, as the carbon will tend to absorb a portion of the chemicals and render them less effective.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks UA! Yeah figured that removing carbon would be better just needed a second opinion

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

hi guys i am pretty tempted with the algexit, wonder if any brothers here have tested safely in shrimp tanks ? i have hair/thread algae issue, not alot but noticed it is starting to grow abit more and more here and there

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by sixhunter View Post
    hi guys i am pretty tempted with the algexit, wonder if any brothers here have tested safely in shrimp tanks ? i have hair/thread algae issue, not alot but noticed it is starting to grow abit more and more here and there
    Hey bro check out UA's blog. He did a review and said it was say for shrimp. But I guess the caveat is that you dose correctly

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yeah, i got the large 500ml bottle so ended up just dosing it in all my tanks (still got alot remaining, probably should have gotten the smaller 250ml bottle instead).

Anyways, i've since also completed a full treatment in my shrimp grow-out tank which house both RCS and CRS shrimps... all okay so far and still breeding as per normal.

I guess if you follow the dosage recommended on the bottle instructions, it should still be at a safe level for both fishes and shrimps.

Though if you are keeping expensive shrimps and don't want to take too much risk, then maybe can just add half or quarter dose and observe the shrimps, then gradually increase from there.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I am using Excel to spot dose now on a 2 day dose, one day rest regime. I want to try the Algexit, do I stop the excel?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by sixhunter View Post
    Also tried in my tank with CRS. I double dose after some experiment. Still ok, but I cannot say for your tank. Also I add Excel together with the double dose and still my CRS looks ok.

Just beware Excel and maybe ALGAEXIT depletes O2 in the water column. Once, after adding above recommended dosage of EXCEL, my shrimps suddenly starts to swim around the tank actively and Corys starts frequent coming up for a gulp of air. It is sure sign of over dosing.

I recommend in such instance do immediate large WC and pump in air via airstone until all livestocks start to stabilise. Be aware also such large WC will change the water parameter like temp and pH, for example. This might further stress out your livestock, especially the already weakened ones.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by fateddee View Post
    Hey bro check out UA's blog. He did a review and said it was say for shrimp. But I guess the caveat is that you dose correctly
    roger will check it out thanks bro!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    Also tried in my tank with CRS. I double dose after some experiment. Still ok, but I cannot say for your tank. Also I add Excel together with the double dose and still my CRS looks ok.

Just beware Excel and maybe ALGAEXIT depletes O2 in the water column. Once, after adding above recommended dosage of EXCEL, my shrimps suddenly starts to swim around the tank actively and Corys starts frequent coming up for a gulp of air. It is sure sign of over dosing.

I recommend in such instance do immediate large WC and pump in air via airstone until all livestocks start to stabilise. Be aware also such large WC will change the water parameter like temp and pH, for example. This might further stress out your livestock, especially the already weakened ones.
    roger that too bro. oxygen should not be a problem. my tank is quite highly oxygenated my air bubbles are very fine and they float around the tank alot haha. but one question is when do you stop dosing and perform the water changes ? is it after a few days of dosing as per instructed ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I'll do ALGAEXIT dosing after 20% WC mid week and 50% WC at weekend. Dosage for each is total tank water volume. EXCEL dosing everyday.

Bubbling or pearling of plants may only indicate photosynthesis is at work even though it could also indicate O2 saturation in the water column BUT there times when plant C02 intake is max out and excess C02 saturate the water column.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

just bought a bottle of algexit just now. have dosed according to the instruction on both my shrimp tank and a nano planted tank respectively. will monitor and update on the status after a week

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

ARRGGHHH... My tank is having a green out... Everything I see is green, green green. Algae manifestation!

photo 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPG

Sorry I don't know why my photos' orientation are so weird. Well, anyway, just bought a bottle of Algexit. Hope this will help. I will maintain my photoperiod and fert dosing as normal for the time being to test out the effectiveness of this product. Good luck to me!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by stewart86 View Post
    ARRGGHHH... My tank is having a green out... Everything I see is green, green green. Algae manifestation!

photo 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPG

Sorry I don't know why my photos' orientation are so weird. Well, anyway, just bought a bottle of Algexit. Hope this will help. I will maintain my photoperiod and fert dosing as normal for the time being to test out the effectiveness of this product. Good luck to me!
    With such levels of algae outbreaks, it already indicates imbalance in parameters, so you should still check and adjust your light intensity/photoperiod, fert dosing and Co2 injection. Do additional water changes, do more tank cleaning and feed less to reduce the excess nutrients in the water too.

Algexit can help inhibit the growth of the algae, but its only a part of the treatment process and can't be expected to cure everything on its own, its not a "magic bullet"... if the tank's core underlying issues or imbalances are not solved, the algae will still be present or even continue growing further.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yes I totally agree with you. While you were typing, I just spend 2 hours cleaning my tanks removing many of the algae myself, and clean up the sponge. I just did water change yesterday too.

From you advise, I will also reduce my fert dosing. I guess my plants density is still too low for EI dosing.

Currently I am on 8 hours photoperiod. I guess I will reduce to 6 hour for now.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast