Country
    Singapore

ehiem eco pro 300 sponge filter

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hey bro here,

may i ask where can i get the eheim eco pro 300 sponge filter?

my canister sponge is getting very dirty and i thought of getting replacements. but cant seem to find it anywhere so far.

the "Blue Ring" shape sponge and the ones inside

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: ehiem eco pro 300 sponge filter

I got it from C328, those plastic bag hanging on top of the ceiling, it's nearer to the koi side. It has 3 white and 1 blue ring sponge inside of the package.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

It actually isn't necessary to replace the blue coarse pre-filter sponge ring if its only dirty, just blast it with a shower spray and rinse until all the dirt and debris is removed, then can re-use. It only needs to be replaced if the sponge material itself is falling apart (which usually happens only after many years of usage).

On the other-hand, the white fine filter wool will need to be replaced periodically once it turns dark brown and starts to clog up, as you can't really wash out all the fine dirt trapped in those.

To save on cost, you could also buy the fine filter wool sheets in large bags and then use a pair of scissors to cut pieces out to fit the filter.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    It actually isn't necessary to replace the blue coarse pre-filter sponge ring if its only dirty, just blast it with a shower spray and rinse until all the dirt and debris is removed, then can re-use. It only needs to be replaced if the sponge material itself is falling apart (which usually happens only after many years of usage).

On the other-hand, the white fine filter wool will need to be replaced periodically once it turns dark brown and starts to clog up, as you can't really wash out all the fine dirt trapped in those.

To save on cost, you could also buy the fine filter wool sheets in large bags and then use a pair of scissors to cut pieces out to fit the filter.
    somehow i feel that those self-cut wool sheets not working as good , have to change more frequently and less durable than the original ones. Therefore just checking if its affordable to purchase the original ones

nevertheless thanks bro for the advice.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I also use self-cut wool sheet for my Eheims. I clean my Canister once every 2-3 months and I replace the self-cut wool during cleaning. Since quite cheap when you buy a big sheet, I don't bother to clean (a large sheet can probably last me 2 years).

For my Ecco Pro, I put a piece of self-cut coarse filter wool at the bottom as an additional layer of coarse filtration. This should also help the fine filter wool last longer.

I also recommend a packet of Seachem's Purigen.

By the way, I just refreshed my first packet of purigen successfully with Giant Supermarket House brand bleach. It was used for 4 months and slightly brown but not dark brown, so the bleach turned it white. I think the trick to refreshing is not to wait until the thing turns dark brown... once its dark brown I've read on the internet that it may not go back to white.