Country
    Singapore

Botia Kubotai

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Good morning friends,

I am new here, and would like to invite anyones with experiences or informations to share on this fish; Botia Kubotai aka Polka-dots Loach. The informations that I've gotten are; ph 6 - 7.5 and there are socialable.

Ciao, Hiang How
    STILL SEARCHING[/COLOR]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    they are no difference from yoyo, b.striata, b.histronica,b.rostrata n clown. adulthood about 3 inches except for clown, sorry I can't confirm sexing as I m too lazy. Love live food like blood n tubifex worm but will take fish food. Beware, no shrimps not even Yamato or big wood shrimps, confirm all gone. No long tail fish like guppies, bettas, etc.
    other than that they are pretty good community fish, always actively swiming around though there is a tendency to 'play dead' (lie on its side or swim erratically macam going to die after taking poison) n love to hide and probably disappear for days not even coming out for feed. provide lots of holes, caves, pvc pipes and a rainbar current for they love to play. sometimes they may jump too so do be careful.

i keep a 4ft tank of only loaches n cories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for the informations Eriond. Interesting thing about the yamato; I will experiment with that tomorrow.
    STILL SEARCHING[/COLOR]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    bro,
    you sure are generous about the yamatos.