Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

fish at home, fish in lfs

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    have you guys bought fish thinking, "wow, this guy is big, hope he doesn't bully the rest of the fish"?

and when you get home and put him in, you realise the other fish are MUCH bigger than him? it's like he shrunk ^ ^

i juz bought some pygmy cories from TB
    mine dwarf them at least 3:1 by size []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ah, the pygmies! ben was trying to get me to buy them, when i went there to look for c. similis last week.

prob is i've already failed with 2 batches, in my old 16inch tank. now that the occupants in my 1.5ft tank is well, i'm still wondering if i should try again...
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    fail? what do you mean by fail?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    the last batch of pygmy oso went cory haven[]

Feedback Score
    DEA, how much u got ur pygmy for ????? i also want to buy a few to 'expand' the family in my 4' []
    To each her own fish !
    petfrd

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    if you got normal size cories, it's a bit strange to mix leh
    my pygmies and normal sized cories in 2 different tanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah DEA i know what you mean. we look at our fish everyday we dont know how big they had actually grown up to.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah i know what u mean.. coz when i get fishes for my marine tank.. i thought that my fish will not get bullied coz of it size and chose one of the biggest.. but end up having it being smaller than the rest of the occupant.. hehehe[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah, same here.

I never realised that my recently passed away albino cory cats are so huge as compared to the 4 little panda cats I bought at that time....

Ha, so small and cute! Looks like little babies corys. []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ninjafly,
    the reviews that i got from here recently is that the latest batches of pandas cories ain't lasting or healthy in that sense.. did your 4 of them make it?
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    kel : Nope! All my pandas never last for more than 2 weeks!

BUT, the pandas are so adorable that I just can't resist trying. I bought another 2 more a few days ago at Jurong East Ave 1 and I have them now qurantine in another tank for a week or so and see if there are any problems...

But when I buy them from the LFS, they are so active! Just cannot understand why they don't make it back home

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    kel : A stupid question ...

I notice your signature saying ...

Feel the "force" of marine and join the dark "marine" side

hey! What force and what dark?!? You pple into Marine fishkeeping?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hey! What force and what dark?!? You pple into Marine fishkeeping?
    ----------------
    [/quote]
    hahaha.. ninjafly.. i am a marine aquarist for the past 5-6 yrs.. but only recently started a 2ft planted tank in my room.. err.. a few stalks of plants only.. hahaha.. and benetay had call me the dark side.. hahaha.. but he end up using my theme.. hahaha.. anyway.. only a handful of ppl here are into marine but me is trying to draw more FW ppl into SW.. hehehe.. thus the dark force.. u not into star wars eh?? hahaha.. may the 'force' be with u... hahaha[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah man panda corys are damn irriting... so weak!!! the longest they've lasted for me is 2 months... now i only have 2 left in my 2 feet tank... bought 5 of them 2 months back... but i buy from fish farms... just after transport they like half dead also...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah... pandas cories are easily found in most lfs now.. but the survivability rate is real low.. and the size is much smaller... me really tempted to get some for my tank but the reviews here make me think twice.. hahaha..hope that those who purchased them have better luck than some of us here..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    actually i find pandas only weak when they're young
    when they grow up they're just as hardy as any other species
    just try to take more care of them and it should be ok

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    dea, after reading your post, i feel inspired to keep one and went to market lfs and got myself one panda cory.. along with an albino cory.. hehehe.. and when i fed them, noticed that it is eating..and me keeping my fingers crossed... []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hmm ... most of my Corys had infected with the Fin rot diease recently and I think that's the reason why all my Panda dun make it.

Ever since I clean up my tank and had quarantine my Panda for about 1 week since I bought them, they seems healthy and happy in my new tank now.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Kel ... I see it now... I am interested in the 'dark force' too .. but I think it will be more difficult to maintain. (scared later got in, cannot get out!) []

So I think I will still be a 'Jedi' for now...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Kel ... I see it now... I am interested in the 'dark force' too .. but I think it will be more difficult to maintain. (scared later got in, cannot get out!) []

So I think I will still be a 'Jedi' for now...
    ----------------
    ninjafly,
    the trick to marine is.. the bigger the tank, the more stable it will be..and it will be less work.. trust me.. me have a 4ft marine tank.. but it does not need my attention compared to my 2ft planted tank.. sigh..[] coz once the marine tank is stabilised, everything will take care by itself.. do go over to marine side to read... and u will get some idea.. any problem, just reflect.. even if me not ard, some of them will still be glad to share their ideas with u..[]