Country
    Singapore

Mosquito Rasbora vs Harlepin Rasbora

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi
    Any difference between the two? Or are they the same??

What are there characteristics?? Max size? Schooling fishes??

Thks
    Happy Planting, Be Well & Prosper. An aquarium plants hobbyist for hobbyists.

Scaping Nature in a Cube
    SMS/Whatsapp: James | 9647 0392 | Tampines S(520273)

Latest available plants images in my profile's gallery --> http://www.aquaticquotient.com/galle...r&imageuser=66

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    the former is Boraras brigittae (3 cm max), the latter Trigonostigma heteromorpha (5-6 cm max) .... different as quails and turkeys. Harlequins are great all-round schooling community fish, the boraras should be kept in tanks with tankmates that won't bother them. Do a search on the Fauna Album in AQ as well as past threads and you will also find lots more discussion on these species.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thks budak. Have found some info in the web. thks pal.

Scaping Nature in a Cube

Latest available plants images in my profile's gallery --> http://www.aquaticquotient.com/galle...r&imageuser=66

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Harlequins(HR) are one of my favourites! Just to share with you my observations so far:

HR are very active when young. They swim and school around more. Not so active when adult but still school though.

Mosquito rasboras schools better than HR.

As for me, I am pretty picky with my HRs. I only choose those that have reddish/orangish tinge at the end of the body towards the tail. The fish will look more reddish than those without the reddish/orangish tinge when it get used to the tank.

Just my 2cents worth.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

Wow, i very tempted to buy the mosquito rasboras.......
    My only concern is will they eat up my cherry shrimps babies......If they attack in school on the baby shrimps SIAO liao

[quote:533fb647d5="kadios"]Harlequins(HR) are one of my favourites! Just to share with you my observations so far:

HR are very active when young. They swim and school around more. Not so active when adult but still school though.

As for me, I am pretty picky with my HRs. I only choose those that have reddish/orangish tinge at the end of the body towards the tail. The fish will look more reddish than those without the reddish/orangish tinge when it get used to the tank.

Just my 2cents worth.

Cheers![/quote:533fb647d5]

Scaping Nature in a Cube

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Honsetly speaking, I am not too sure if they will eat your babay shrimps. But then again, I suscept they may if they do not get any food. My B Urols seldom come up to eat during meal times leading me to suscept they probably feed on the baby shrimps. However, as I still see my shrimps around, they probably have small stomaches so you should still see plenty of shrimps. =)

I do notice that my mosquito rasboras(both Urols and Brigittae) seem to enjoy flake food like TetraMin.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    anything will eat your baby shrimps (assume you mean larvae or very small shrimps < 2mm). if you want to breed shrimps, make sure to have lots of hiding places such as hairgrass.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:eb34cbf3="kadios"]Honsetly speaking, I am not too sure if they will eat your babay shrimps. But then again, I suscept they may if they do not get any food. My B Urols seldom come up to eat during meal times leading me to suscept they probably feed on the baby shrimps. However, as I still see my shrimps around, they probably have small stomaches so you should still see plenty of shrimps. =)

I do notice that my mosquito rasboras(both Urols and Brigittae) seem to enjoy flake food like TetraMin.

Cheers![/quote:eb34cbf3]

So do they eat the flake while they are sinking or come to the surface? I notice mine never come to the surface, maybe some slowly sinking type of food would be more suitable?

Any advice from experts?
    Smile, and the world smiles with you!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:89aed5ecc8="jamesneo"]Wow, i very tempted to buy the mosquito rasboras.......
    My only concern is will they eat up my cherry shrimps babies......If they attack in school on the baby shrimps SIAO liao

[quote:89aed5ecc8="kadios"]Harlequins(HR) are one of my favourites! Just to share with you my observations so far:

Just my 2cents worth.

Cheers![/quote:89aed5ecc8][/quote:89aed5ecc8]

"Anything that fits the mouth is food!!! "

Cheers
    Vincent
    If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere. - Vincent Van Gogh