Country
    Singapore

Rice Water

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

I heard that water for washing the rice contain some nutrients for plant. I was thinking whether it will help by pouring some of the cloudy water into my planted tank?

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It possibly can help in some ways as I read at http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc...1/gen01354.htm

But since you also feed your fish, their poo will be a good source of nutrients as well.

BTW - after watering my household plants with fish tank water, they grow lushier too. This is because aquatic plants needs more nurients than land plants, so the water in our planted tanks have more nurients for the land plants.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:9e0393dddc="juggler"]But since you also feed your fish, their poo will be a good source of nutrients as well.
    [/quote:9e0393dddc]
    What is the different between nutrients and fertilizers? Are they the same? If so, why not i just keep more fishes instead adding liquidfied fertilizer.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Interesting question.

I would say they are similar. Maybe "fertiliser" would be used to mean a more specific and balanced composition of compounds targeted for the plants. "Nutrients" loosely to mean one or more of the compounds that plants can use.

Eg. If you look at the milk powder tin, you can see that all the compounds can be used for plants, but the percentages are not right. So cannot use as "fertiliser".
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score

Re:

[quote:26ef118c18="juggler"]It possibly can help in some ways as I read at http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc...1/gen01354.htm

But since you also feed your fish, their poo will be a good source of nutrients as well.

BTW - after watering my household plants with fish tank water, they grow lushier too. This is because aquatic plants needs more nurients than land plants, so the water in our planted tanks have more nurients for the land plants.[/quote:26ef118c18]

i experience this 2...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Oh I see. Thanks juggler.