Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Where can i find commercially available???

Feedback Score

Where can i find commercially available???

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    dear bros,

any bros here from malaysia has got their hands on these following chemicals as i would like to use it for my tank.

1. Potassium Nitrate (KNO3)
    2. Mono Potassium Phosphate (KH2PO4)
    3. Potassium Sulphate (K2SO4)

i cant seem to find any hydrophonic retail outlets....all i got was suppliers, manufacturers where they sell in bulks...and they seem quite reluctant to sell anyway..

any information will be greatly appreciated..kind of desperate

thanks ahead...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Go to pasir ris farmway aquafauna. They usually have plenty of stock of Dr Mallick's. Or else there's a hobbyist posted here recently who's selling them for Dr Mallick as well. Do a search.
    Oh, the rare old Whale, mid storm and gale. In his ocean home will be. A giant in might, where might is right. And King of the boundless sea.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Where can i find commercially available???

Shawnme is in Malaysia I believe.

Have you tried regular plant nurseries? I saw also a magazine called "Garden Asia" in Malaysia, which has hydroponics suppliers amongst their advertisers. Maybe you can try looking for these?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Plant nurseries should have such stuff. However there are alternative sources, eg:

PO4 - use Fleet enama which is a liquid of sodium phosphate. Avaliable from pharmacies.

NO3 - feed more to fish.

K - from alternative table salt products like Lo-Salt which is KCL. Available from major supermarkets.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    thank you bros for your suggestions...i've tried all sorts of ways i could think of...from chemical manufacturers to plant nurseries and laboratory suppliers....all seem reluctant to sell.....i guess that there must be a reason for it....

bro juggler, if i've not mistaken, i think i've seen somewhere that it's not advisable to use KCL due to the end products such as Cl which is something that we dont want in the tank...please do correct me if i'm wrong...i'm still learning about this ferts stuff...hehe

anyway, out of frustration, and so many suggestions on Dr.Mallick (i've yet to know what this man can do...hehe...heard alot of recommendations about him and his famous ferts)...i've decided to make a quick run into singapore in the coming week and grab the stuff that i need...

i would like to get a lifetime supply because i plan to come down to singapore to get it once and for all....is it true that 250 g of something can last me a lifetime??? i only have a 2ft and a 4ft...kind of need to estimate the amount i need to get....

i've checked out singaporehydrophonics.com and anyway, my plan goes like this....since i'm not sure of the pricing and charges of overseas mail order, and i need help from friends in singapore to bank money into their account, i could as well go to singapore hydrophonics myself and pay them cold hard cash and ask them to send it over back to malaysia.is it possible???

first of all, i wonder if the courier charges would cost a bomb....anyone tried or experienced??? or could somehow estimate the charges???

secondly, i choose to courier it back instead of hand carry is mainly because i'm worried that it may create problems through customs...since it's quite impossible to get it commercially here, there must be a reason for it.and the other thing is, i've heard that it comes in the form of white powder which looks somewhat like drugs...i may be abit over the line about this issue but it's better to be safe and have less hassle over the customs if the courier charges are reasonable.

i cant seem to find potassium mono phosphate or KH2PO4 in the product list on the website....or is it also known as potassium dihydrogen phosphate??? i've totally forgotten about my chemistry equations.

besides that, i dont think i would get any chelated iron as i think i could get it easily in the form of nutrient tablets for human consumption here...

so it's still the 3 basic things i plan to get..
    KNO3
    KH2PO4
    K2SO4

how much to get to last me a lifetime??? i dont know....any ideas??

by the way, i would like to hear what you guys get form Dr.Mallick...i've heard of it many times in forums like AF and AQ but this is my first time.maybe i would consider it as well...

my purpose to singapore this time would be fert shopping for my tanks..as in malaysia, ferts are rare and expensive...imagine, it's not until recently, i see denerlle products being sold off the shelf instead of being in the display cabinet . thanks to qian hu singapore...

well, it's a long post...i'm sorry....thank you bros for your patience...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

i think it's probably because of those supposed "bomb" uses of these substances.... actually the real issue is with Ammonium Nitrate, which we won't use for aquaria anyway.....

As far as getting the stuff in Singapore is concerned, I would suggest you visit Eco Culture shop, which stocks Mallick's range... Azmi, the guy there, is also very helpful. The shop is actually very close to the Hasry/KL-Malacca bus stand at Lavendar Road. Check the LFS list for full contact/address and get a map from www.streetdirectory.com.sg.

I think for KH2PO4, a 1 kg jar will last a lifetime. the KNO3 maybe two 1 kg packs. For iron, you can use Mallick's LushGrow Aqua. Actually, if you use KNO3 to add NO3, there will already be sufficient K, so there's no need to add in extra K. Mallick's stuff is also clearly labelled as aquarium fertiliser, so that may help if customs give you ****.

Feedback Score

Re:

[quote:2424044ab2="budak"]i think it's probably because of those supposed "bomb" uses of these substances.... actually the real issue is with Ammonium Nitrate, which we won't use for aquaria anyway.....

As far as getting the stuff in Singapore is concerned, I would suggest you visit Eco Culture shop, which stocks Mallick's range... Azmi, the guy there, is also very helpful. The shop is actually very close to the Hasry/KL-Malacca bus stand at Lavendar Road. Check the LFS list for full contact/address and get a map from www.streetdirectory.com.sg.

I think for KH2PO4, a 1 kg jar will last a lifetime. the KNO3 maybe two 1 kg packs. For iron, you can use Mallick's LushGrow Aqua. Actually, if you use KNO3 to add NO3, there will already be sufficient K, so there's no need to add in extra K. Mallick's stuff is also clearly labelled as aquarium fertiliser, so that may help if customs give you ****.[/quote:2424044ab2]

thanks bro and yeah...i've guessed so too on the altenate usage to make gunpowder...

anyway, Eco Culture, do they courier like singaporehydrophonics does??

i'm still worried about the customs...you know what i mean?? they might not believe that it's aquarium fertiliser and accuse me of labelling it that way just to get pass customs....and then they will keep you in custody for "dont-know-what" tests to verify that it's not drugs...man...that's alot of hassle...and just in case "someone-in-the-corrupted-world" tries to find a scapegoat, then it would really be my day...the chances would be "1-out-of-a-million" maybe....but you'll never know if you're the 1 milllionth....hehe...just too paranoid and being a pussy....it's hang to death if caught with drugs...imagine 2 jars of cocaine...hahahahaha.....they'll hang both big and small heads to death...hahaha...

i'm not sure about singapore, but there's sure alot of things happening around here in malaysia...."ITS NOT SAFE to walk alone"...

and yeah, sorry for the grandmother story....where do i get a list of LFS for planted tank hobbyists???....i visited Y618, C328 TP69 few months back and i notice it's not the hot-spot for planted tank enthusiasts....so where is it???...do they have a list in AQ??? let me check it out....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

I understand your concerns.... I have seen plenty of such instances at the JB checkpoint myself....

Eco doesn't courier, as far as I know.

The area around Eco has a few good plant-focused shops within walking distance or a bus away.... look at the LFS list for System Control & Engineering, NA Nature Aquarium and Plantas Aquaticas.

Feedback Score
    Thanks bro budak,

I totally forgotten about the LFS list...instead i was being a fool looking through sticky threads for a list of LFS...

Feedback Score
    well bros,

Dr.Mallick has personally assured me that the customs officers have no objection for the fertilizers except for Ammonium Nitrate, which he does
    not sell and all his products carry a label indicating that the content is a fertilizer.

So i guess it really shouldn't be a problem to hand carry.

I guess i'm just way too paranoid over it...due to corruption all around me.

Feedback Score
    bros, i've searched through the LFS list and i got 6 pages of results..

which few of those LFS that you bros visit most .....i cant afford to visit all besides, eco culture, NA nature aquarium and plantas aquaticas....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

Well, those around the Lavender/Balestier Rd area are pretty good as it is, with NA Nature noted for its hardware (lighting, filter, CO2) capabilities in particular.

The area around PetMart (Serangoon North) has several other LFS in the same block (Rainbow, Heisenberg etc) but these are really more akin to hypermarkets and you won't find much expert service or time from most vendors here. Plant range isn't as good either.

If you have the means (car or taxi), you should visit Teo's farm for plants (and also some accessories and books). I would say Teo + the Lavender/Balestier gang are must gos, but of course these are just the shops I am most familiar with.

Feedback Score
    thanks bro budak, you've been of great help...as for teo's, i would really like to go but i'm not sure if i would have the transportation to..but i'll try my best as it would really be an eye opener to see a farm that supplies plants into my tanks...hahaha...

anyway, i shall be leaving for singapore in a whie more, so i would like to end this thread by thanking each and everyone that has helped me throughout my whole planning since day 1. i'm honoured to have this opportunity to visit fish shops in singapore where bros here do their shopping.

once again, thanks alot to bro crandf , budak , juggler , and Dr.Mallick for assuring me of his products

i hope i did now miss anyone out, and if i did, my apologies and i would like to tank you as well...

Hi ShawnMe, I'm KC here from PJ, Malaysia. You can get KNO3 here very easily. Its is available in ACE hardware in MidValley mall, ask them for Green Light Stump Remover. Pure KNO3. 1 bottle lasts you a life time, RM18. For K2SO4 you can get from the chemical shops. I have some of my own which I could give to you if you wish. I haven't found Fleet Enema yet, but I'll try to ask some Pharmacies here. By the way anyone know what is Fleet Enema used for besides as a plant fert?
    You can contact me at this number: 012-2191395

Cheers,

KC

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:c262876040="overdrive"]...By the way anyone know what is Fleet Enema used for besides as a plant fert?...
    Cheers,

KC[/quote:c262876040]

Fleet Enema is meant for constipation problem...

The shape of the bottle (squeeze bottle with a long slim nozzle) it comes in will give you an idea how it is applied?

BC :P

Thankx BC, made it much easier for me to ask the pharmacist now

KC