Country
    Singapore

Re: New Tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    Wow... that's alot of fishes for a 2ft tank.

In my case, nowadays i usually only keep at most around 20+ small fishes in my 2ft tanks. Even with lots of plants, i've found that i still need be very careful not to overfeed them to avoid ammonia spikes and algae issues.

I guess with a much higher tank bio-load, there will naturally be alot more feeding and alot more waste... so you'll definitely need to have very good filtration, clean the filter more often,be more diligent in removing all uneaten food and loose plant leaves, and do more frequent water changes, hopefully that will help to reduce the chances of ammonia and nitrates accumulating too high. Also monitor the oxygen level in the tank, as a high bio-load requires alot more oxygen too.
    Noted , I know never expect my customer to pack so many for me. Now just have to be more hardworking but really a nice scenery to see them swim around in group and schooling around.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by hann View Post
    Bioload is high. Need a strong filter or you might want to reduce the population
    hopefully my ehiem canister can do the work if not maybe will reduce the population , transfer some to my office tank on my desk.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yeah, i know the feeling of stocking too many fishes too... i used to buy fishes in bulk bags (ie. 50-100 pcs) as the prices work out so much cheaper then buying them individually.

Ended up good excuse to start more and more tanks to re-distribute the excess livestock, which greatly contributed to my "multiple tank syndrome"! Haha.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    Yeah, i know the feeling of stocking too many fishes too... i used to buy fishes in bulk bags (ie. 50-100 pcs) as the prices work out so much cheaper then buying them individually.

Ended up good excuse to start more and more tanks to re-distribute the excess livestock, which greatly contributed to my "multiple tank syndrome"! Haha.
    better tell my customer to stop giving me fish if not all will start to die one by one due go overstocking. feel so bad 6 has died so far.
    I really do not want to start more tank

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123