Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Javan Ricefish (Oryzias javanicus )

Hougang, Singapore / Tg Balai Karimun, Indonesia
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Javan Ricefish (Oryzias javanicus )

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Any LFS selling this fish?
    Here's a pix from AQ's critter profile page : http://www.aquaticquotient.com/aq_ga...rowsetype=Fish

GF took a look at the blue eyes of the fish in Mermaid and wanted one. Melvin was down to his only piece and won't sell. I thought it'd be a good addition to my brackish tank I'm setting up.
    Warm regards,

Lawrence Lee

brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
    Philippians 4:8

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    At Sungei Buloh, there are some streams filled to the brim with them. Otherwise you could try Eco Culture. Saw some in one of their display tanks. Or maybe Azmi could order more for you.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi GaspingGurami,

You are a lovely BF.

Hougang, Singapore / Tg Balai Karimun, Indonesia
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:bb641cf2="budak"]At Sungei Buloh, there are some streams filled to the brim with them. Otherwise you could try Eco Culture. Saw some in one of their display tanks. Or maybe Azmi could order more for you.[/quote:bb641cf2]

Sg Buloh is a No-No. I think that place has become an NPark. And not just schools of ricefish, archerfish and leopard scats as big as an adult's palm are a-plenty there too. Unfortunately, they're all protected.

Are those in Eco Culture fresh water converted? Wild caught brackish water fishes tend to catch fungal diseases easily when kept in freshwater. Couple of generations later, more immunity. OTOH, re-introducing freshwater conditioned specimens back into brackish does not seem to have as much problems.

As I've mentioned previously, I feel very "sayang" when we have to pay good money for these longkang fish now-a-days.
    Warm regards,

Lawrence Lee

brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
    Philippians 4:8