Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: How to dose Lushgro Aqua for non-EI method?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

How to dose Lushgro Aqua for non-EI method?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi veterans,

I'm intending to dose lushgro aqua but I can't follow the EI method as I am not home on weekdays and understand that weekly dosing for EI is not recommended.

Questions are:

1)how much do I need to dose for lushgro aqua if I'm not going for EI. Is it okay to ignore all the "ppm" calculations and just blindly follow the dosing instruction on the Lushgro aqua bottle, "add 1-5 drops of this solution PER TEN LITRES to the tank 1-2 times a month or whenever you change the water"? Lazy man

2)Do I need to dose KH2PO4 separately considering that lushgro aqua does not contain phosphorus?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

How to dose Lushgro Aqua for non-EI method?

Depends your plant biomass, if your tank is high dense plants kind of tank, i would suggest you do EI. If it just fish tank with plants, you could follow the written dosage instructions.

Kh2po4 is highly advisable for high dense planted tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: How to dose Lushgro Aqua for non-EI method?

Quote Originally Posted by milk_vanilla View Post
    Depends your plant biomass, if your tank is high dense kind of tank, i would suggest you do EI. If it just fish tank with plants, you could follow the written dosage instructions.

Kh2po4 is highly advisable for high dense planted tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is it advisable to follow EI by dosing weekly? Eg. Dose on sunday to achieve the recommended dosage, water change on the following sunday.

As I read from a discussion between 2 bros that it would defeat the purpose of EI. Because EI is to ensure no shortage of nutrients. If dose on sunday, water change on sunday. Will the nutrients be depleted by then?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: How to dose Lushgro Aqua for non-EI method?

There is no written rule over the book that we can't dose once a week, but i would suggest you may not to do so, at least twice a week.

How fast the depletion , again it would be related to number of flora volume, fauna, bacteria, etc. there's no tool to measure that close to the accuracy level till this point. Everything it's depending on your observation to how's the plants growth behave.