Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Seachem Acid Buffer ( my experience )

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Seachem Acid Buffer ( my experience )

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all ,

Just want to share my experience with using Seachem acid buffer .
    I'm using ADA soil for my 2 year old 2 feet tank , I think the soil can't buffer the PH anymore .
    Tested the tank PH about 7.2 - 7.4 , KH 8 , GH is 15 .
    I like softwater set up , therefore I tried many ways to bring PH down and make my water soft .
    I tried Sera Peat , Ketapang Leaves and Blackwater extract over a period of time , often it gives my water a little tint and bring my PH down just a little after which it will bounce back up .
    So 2 weeks back I tried acid buffer from Seachem after my friend introduce it to me , I got many generation of shrimps inside ( cherry and crystal ) , I cant kill it even I want to hahah .
    Stated on the bottle to use with Akaline buffer to stabalize the PH when changing with RO water , I just use the acid buffer alone as my KH was quite high .

Day 1 , put 0.5ml acid buffer into the syringe and mix it with tank water to dissolve it and squirt it directly into water .( planning to do it slowly , don't want too big swing on the PH ) PH not much diff from API colour chart .
    Day 2 , Put 1ml acid buffer , PH seems lighter about 7.2 , KH drop to 7
    Day 3 , Put 0.5ml acid buffer ( didn't check ) , 5 hours later added another 0.5ml acid buffer . PH 7 , KH about 6-7 .
    Day 4 , Put 1ml acid buffer , PH about 6.9 , KH 6 ( It's addicting to see my PH go down and want to spam more , but i control myself , don't want to mess up the water too fast and furious hahah )
    Day 5 , put 0.5 ml acid buffer and another 0.5 ml 4 hours later . PH 6.8 , KH 5
    Day 6 , Put 1ml acid buffer , PH 6.6 , KH 4 .

I stopped adding after day 6 , just want to add on after every test I check my fishes/shrimps for their reaction , everything seems normal , happily munching away .
    It's been about 2 weeks now , been topping up with only distilled water . PH 6.5 , KH 4 , seems stable .
    I'm not promoting for the brand , just sharing my experience since I can't find much info on the net about others experience .
    I still add ketapang leaves on and off for the fish and shrimps .

For those who want to try to bring PH down , always remember to check for your KH don't let the KH go to 0 , it will mess up your tank PH and fishes/shrimps .

Ok my next target , to bring my GH down , guess I added too much equilibirum during the previous water change .

That's all folks , hope you find it useful .

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Seachem Acid Buffer ( my experience )

Did you measure the tds of your water ichise? I am curious as to how much increase in tds over the few days when you dosed acid buffer. Please advise. Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Life View Post
    Did you measure the tds of your water ichise? I am curious as to how much increase in tds over the few days when you dosed acid buffer. Please advise. Thanks!

Hi Pork Life ,
    I don't have a TDS meter so didn't test it , read before a post from Seachem Rep , they stated that it'll not raise the TDS but I guess it'll raise by abit somehow .
    Anyway if you do water changes don't think its anything to worry about . I think I got like 4-5 generation of shrimps in my tank , I don't measure the tds or bother about them it just keep growing till recently I decide to keep some dicrossus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks for the prompt advice bro. Will go find and check out the seachem rep's post.
    Cheers!