Thread: plant nutrients

Feedback Score

plant nutrients

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    HI,

Ive jus put in some plants in my 3 ft tank 2day n wondered wat r the nutrients needed to maintain healthy growth.

Ive read some articles found here but still got no clue on wat r they.

Can somebody be kind enough to offer me some advise as to wat r the things needed to have healthy growing plants.

Things like wat type of nutrients, the amount required, frequency of dosage etc.

And if i do find them, is there an all-in-1 kind of thing or do i buy them seperately?

And also please state the layman term or common term alongside their chemical terms if any kind souls out there care to gif advice to me....bcos im very blur on chemical terms.

Thank u
    Much appreciated

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: plant nutrients

At the very least, you will need to familiarise yourself with terms like potassium, nitrate, ammonium, phosphate etc.... have you read the link titled "Articles on Dosing" posted by juggler in the Aquatic FAQ? The article by Tom Barr is about as simple as it gets. Most ferts are available from shops like Eco CUlture, NA Nature, Dr Mallick's....

Besides fert, there's also stuff like lighting, base substrate, fish selection, CO2.... have a look at the sticky articles in the Planted forum for some initial advice as well.

Feedback Score

Re

Hi Budak,

Ive tried the FAQ but all i found were questions on 'logging in' issues, 'problem posting a message' etc etc......

Also tried to look for Tom Barr in the 'authors list' from the articles but the page seems not to be working.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    This was the thread that Budak referred to http://www.aquaticquotient.com/phpbb...ic.php?t=12122
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score

re:

Hi Juggler,

Thanks for the trouble.
    Much appreciated.