Country
    Indonesia

Q on Cladophora / Mossball

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Folks,
    Just wonder if anybody of you had succes experience in cutting the Cladophora (Mossball) into 2 parts or even more?
    What is inside the mossball itself ?
    Appreciate any feedback from you.
    Cheers,

AChen

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    more moss??
    What da fish!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    definitely u will get 2 HALVES.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Actually the green strands of algae extend pretty deeply inwards, getting paler near the center. There's a hollow at the center if your balls are big enough :P . Broken balls appear to repair themselves, in that they miraculously curl themselves up when no one is looking. But progress is very very slow, so much so that I dun think mine will ever regain their original degree of full-bodied tightness within my lifetime.
    Oh, the rare old Whale, mid storm and gale. In his ocean home will be. A giant in might, where might is right. And King of the boundless sea.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia
    Is that true also if we put Cladophora in the tank then we have to move them weekly/regularly so that all parts get similar lighting portion ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, otherwise the bottom side will get browner and your balls may also become less spherical. But I think this process is very slow, so you may not want to bother. You can also try putting it in between your filter outlet and some suitably shaped rock or wood such that your balls will get tumbled continuously by the current. Quite fun to watch actually, but can be irritating when your balls keep escaping if you can't get it right. I only tried with one ball, 2 balls will probably be harder unless you have 2 outlets. But chk your balls are firm enough, some balls are so saggy and loosely-knit that they'll probably fall apart.
    Oh, the rare old Whale, mid storm and gale. In his ocean home will be. A giant in might, where might is right. And King of the boundless sea.