Images
    Country
    Singapore

JBJ Solenoid cum regulator

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I'm thinking of getting this one from NA for my cylinder, but I heard of some feedback that the JBJ solenoid gets rather hot after a while, and I'm quite apprehendsive, since heat isn't something that you want near a compressed gas device right?

Anyone has this? I heard from hwchoy that the heat is allright, but I would like to have other comments, also if it's a good buy, any other pros and cons etc.

NA has the following solenoid cum regulators for sale at some funny brand at $75, a Taiwan brand at $90, and finally the JBJ one at $120. I would take the JBJ one, but the $90 one seems attractive. Which one? Would like to hear if anyone has that Taiwan brand too.

Thanks guys

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    some solenoid runs hot. just make sure that there is sufficient ventilation so that heat will not build up significantly. anyway, the solenoid is close to the top of the cylinder so heat from the solenoid is not significant.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i have been using the jbj for abt 2 years already and its still running well but it is definately hot.. but so far so good.. so i think the heat problem shouldn't be an issue..

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks guys, I already got it a week ago =p.

Yea the heat is an issue, but I don't bother with it. Thanks all for the feedback!