Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Low-tech (non-CO2) tanks post your pics!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hey tipoman,

welcome to AQ. this is indeed a very nice low tech tank. As can be seen, you have placed effort into arranging the tank such that it can be viewed from two sides.

are you able to get shrimps in Spain? i think they would be nice addition to this already cosy tank.

cheers

Feedback Score
    Country
    Spain
    gregorsamsa, yes, I have shrimps, caridina japonica, cherry shrimps and crystal. I have to buy more, I know...

Hello,This is my first post
    This is my low tech of 1 litre:

1 litre aquarium
    Plants:cryptocorine pygmaea, bacopa monnieri, java moss, microsorum pteropus var, ricia
    Animals:None, I´m going to put 3 or 4 melanoides tuberculata.If I get some neocaridinas I will put them in it.
    Lighting:None
    Co2:None
    Respects

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

my low-tech 3ft

Here's mine

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi tipoman... no CO2!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Spain
    hi tipoman... no CO2!!
    Only the CO2 suplied by the fauna inside the tank...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    avant, if you remove that big white stone things will look a lot better!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

2 week old tank (No Co2)
    Tank size : 2ft X 1.5 X 1.5
    Filter system : Eden 501 + Biohome Red (may need to upgrade)
    Substrate : ADA Aquasoil Africana
    Lights : 55 watt PL + 15 watt FL (FL turn on occassionally)
    Photoperiod : 8 hrs
    Ferts : Ferka Aquatilizer + Seachem Excel (occassional dose)
    Water conditioner : Genesis

Bio Load :
    19 Cardinals
    2 Emperors
    2 Golden Red-eyes
    2 Pencil fish
    2 Columbian
    2 Helicopter (Pleco whiptail? not sure of the name)
    1 Dwarf honey gourami

Plants : Bought from LFS and some given to me. DW bought from fellow AQ member

Still need more background plants, to give it more depth, need more plants!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by |squee|
    avant, if you remove that big white stone things will look a lot better!
    The one on the right? That happens to be a coconut husk which I've using as a cave

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi all,

I may be politically incorrect to introduce another planted aquarium forum here. But I think in the spirit of sharing knowledge so heres go : I just came across this power pack forum that Diana Walstad herself is the moderator, and she is actively giving direct guidance of the non-CO2 method (the El Natural).

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/el-natural/

A must visit for all the non-CO2 fan out there !

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

My First Planted

My first planted tank after 3 months. Low tech non CO2 with 55W PL. No water change, just top-up.
    Last edited by Chew; 16th Sep 2006 at 19:31.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Been looking at all the tanks in the forum and starting to get heartache. My tank look so stupid and ugly compared to all this amazing tanks. I hope I will be able to one of this planted tanks one day. Thanks guys for all the great photos!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I don't believe there is really a stupid tank, per se... I believe all scapes are the result of how the scaper feels at that time... No right, no wrong. Some people might have a better flair or talent at such stuff and some people, like me, lack some flair...

But it is important that you love your tank and see where you can improve. But how to improve would depends on who are your percieved audience ultimately...

Where are the pictures of your tank, btw?
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

My Turtle Tank

As requested, the one and only tank I have, my Turtle Tank! Only plants I have are 2 Java Ferns and an unindentified plant hidden in the bottom left of tank, underneath the filter. Been trying out what other plants are turtle-safe other then Java Ferns.

Tank:
    2 feet x 1.5 x 1.5

Started 1st May
    Occupants:
    1 x Ocadia Sinensis (Turtle)
    4 x Swordtails (Started with a feeder bag of 14, left with the fastest 4 )
    2 x Swordtail fry

Plants:
    2 x Java ferns
    1 x unindentified plant hidden underneath filter bottom left of tank.

Substrate:
    Coral Sands (yes...i know...bad for plants)

Casualties:
    10 x Swordtails (Eaten, ammonia poisoning or PH shock when first introduced to tank)
    10 x Cherry Shrimps (Eaten)
    3 x Ghost Shrimps (2 washed down drain when cleaning, last one died crushed by driftwood, NOT EATEN!!!)

so far no turtle casualty

Started the tank for my turtle since it was getting a tad big. BTW, my turtle is an illegal alien in Singapore but to be fair I did not know that when I got it from my FS. My fault I did not know about the "New Tank Syndrom", I read a lot about turtles but none on fishes. Once I started learning about fishes, I found out about plants, and then shrimps...and now aquascaping...It is starting to look like an addiction...someone save me...

I am looking to start a shrimp-only tank ever since I found out that cherry shrimp and turtles do not mix . Awaiting permit from Minister of Home Affairs (my mum). Anyone has any parts of a shrimp tank or shrimps to donate to a poor shrimp addict???
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Justikanz
    I don't believe there is really a stupid tank, per se... I believe all scapes are the result of how the scaper feels at that time... No right, no wrong. Some people might have a better flair or talent at such stuff and some people, like me, lack some flair...

But it is important that you love your tank and see where you can improve. But how to improve would depends on who are your percieved audience ultimately...

Where are the pictures of your tank, btw?

...This is so funny !

Sorry...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada
    Whats the foreground plant that chew is using?

Feedback Score
    Country
    South Africa
    OK I can join this thread now that I have a low light setup
    Ferts once a week (K, Mgso4 and traces)
    3ft tank,one 5500k 2ft bulb - VERY low light and plants are all doing surprisingly well with it.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Finally got time to get the pictures of my tanks to post. Actually post 3 tanks at one go! All does not have any CO2 injection and no liquid fert dose (almost, sometime put a cap in a month). Only water change for my 2 ft tanks. Shrimp tank only top up water. Below is some information on the tanks.

Planted Tank 1:
    2 ft tank, Eheim 2231 & 2213 (will decom next week), lapis sand (no base fert), 55W PL light
    Fishes: boraras maculatus and "exclamation point" boraras, bumblebee shrimp, Malayan shrimps and cherry shrimps
    Plants: Java moss, Singapore moss, java fern, Amazon sword plant, dwarf sword plant (if I not wrong, still small), Echinodorus tenellus, Hygrophila polysperma, Blyxa japonica, Cryptocoryne beckettii and Tiger lily (very small on the right).

May have some changes to add more moss into this tank and take out the java fern. This tank is also a shrimp tank but want to have more moss for the shrimplets to hide.

Planted Tank 2:
    2 ft tank, Eheim 2231 & OHF (will decom next week), lapis sand (no base fert), 36W PL light
    Fishes: rummy nose, cherry barbs, scarlet badis,
    Plants: nana, Cryptocoryne (cannot remember which type) and unknown plant on the right

FYI, this scape was taken apart after this picture was taken due to BBA outbreak on the driftwood and crypto. Now in "under construction" phase at this point of time.

Shrimp tank:
    1 ft cube tank, Atman HOF and sponge filter, lapis sand (with base fert), 9W PL light
    Fishes: boraras maculatus and clown killies, cherry shrimps, bumblebee shrimp, malayan shrimps and wood shrimps.
    Plants: Taiwan moss, spiky moss (very limited), java moss and narrow java fern

Sorry picture not very clear (forget to clean the glass before taking picture). This 3D look is better than the ones that I took for individual side shots. Pity don't see much shrimps though.

Any comments to improve the my tanks?? Thanks.
    Dickson Goh *** IN SEARCH FOR AN EASY LIFE ***
    Just started blogging my experience in: http://www.dikiaquarium.blogspot.com/

2 ft planted tank, 2 ft low maintenance planted tank & planted shallow tank left now

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Low tech moss tank

Just started 3 weeks ago, moss introduced after 2 weeks of cycles.
    Didn't tie the moss into any mesh yet as haven't decide the scape yet.

Any suggestions?
    There's no perfect aquarium but a satisfied one

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    If you are doing a rock scape then can tie moss on mesh. Should be just nice.
    Dickson Goh *** IN SEARCH FOR AN EASY LIFE ***
    Just started blogging my experience in: http://www.dikiaquarium.blogspot.com/

2 ft planted tank, 2 ft low maintenance planted tank & planted shallow tank left now