Country
    Singapore

Re: Ideal fish population for a 2ft planted tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Cowputer

Kuhli loach remind me of those stripe worm candy.

Most fish will eat shrimp. Those that don't or can't, usually have very small mouths or have sucker type mouths or are slow swimmers.

Top level swimmers such as pencilfish, zebra danio, clown killie or threadfin rainbow will be a nice addition.

Usually built in filters are sized to the tank so try not to overstock.
    Suckerfish no eat poo poo.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by cowputer View Post
    Thanks bro Urban.
    Btw, any bro here got experience in feeding cory? Do I really need special food e.g. bloodworm, beefheart for them? Or can I jst feed them with the same food that I feed my tetra? Thanks
    Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
    Corys are virtually blind during the day. Even when the food is in front of them, they will not see it. They will only rely on smell and feel to grope around for food. But once they detect food nearby, especially tubifex worms, they will go into a feeding frenzy. After grabbing a lump of tubifex, they will remain still at one spot while they work on it in their mouth. Because of their sight disadvantage, they will lose out in competing for food with other fish. Thus, Corys are best kept by themselves and not with other fish, also because they are extremely peaceful, non-aggressive and helpless creatures. I have given up keeping Corys (Sterbais) after I realise they couldn't see in daylight, which is a big letdown because they are such adorable little creatures. When I had about a dozen them, the whole lot of them used to line up abreast in a straight line front of the tank waiting for food in the morning. It was such an unforgettable sight.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Aland Islands

Hi Tetra kid,
    I can see how much sentiment you have towards your adrorable coeies
    How about changing your nick to Corykid haha

Btw, jst wanna tap on your experience. Do your cories mess up the substrate? I have some shallow rooted carpet plants like hc, glossy, so im a bit concerned that the cories will uproot everything.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12