1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Lighting for moss wall

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Not sure if anyone posted this question before, nonetheless would like to seek for some advices.

It's a known fact that LED lights have better penetration compared to T5/PL lights in terms of depth.

Question is, what about coverages to the sides (eg. Moss wall mounted on the sides of tank)

Do you think T5/PL lights has better coverage to the sides as compared to a single LED set?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Lighting for moss wall

LED lights tend to have a more directional focus, i guess if you want wider coverage (ie. more light bleed/spread to the sides), T5/PL might be better... though alternatively, you could also direct the LED lights towards the moss wall to light it too.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Bingo. actually that's what I observed too while using leds on my moss wall. Just wondering if I should do an experiment using t5/pl lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

because of the shape of the bulbs, its easier to spread light onto a wall using PL/T5/T8 bulbs.

but that does not mean you cannot use 10 parallel SMD LED threads and use a reflector to spread the light onto a wall. but that will be significantly more DIY involved.
    I am balding but i am still young!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hmmm.... actually an alternative is to look for those LED lights that are designed to be used in PL light casings, its has LEDs all over the tube which creates an omni-directional light spread, something like this:

Photo from Google Images.

Kinda looks like a corn cob... but it should have similar light spread as PL bulbs when used in a light casing with reflectors.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com