Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Where to get authentic SAEs?

Feedback Score

Where to get authentic SAEs?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I live around redhill(bukit merah). Are there lfs here selling it? Need to get a few of them for my planted tank..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Where to get authentic SAEs?

Can't help you. I don't live in Redhill.

SAEs are mainly used for tackling BBA. But if your Co2 level is high enough, BBA shouldn't be a problem. Getting a gripe on this means you should learn how to monitor and manage your KH and pH levels. Again, do a search for these - I haven't the time to explain.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    SAEs are not easy to find. I've been scouting around myself. The last time I found some, they were all too small... I bought the buggers anyway and all died within 2 days in qurantine. Damn!

The nice healthy ones housed in lfs' showtanks are usually strictly not for sale and this goes tot show there's a supply crunch.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    HI Shaun,

You can check out at LFS List available in the site. Look under region - Bukit Merah. But I recommend Blk 22 Havelock Road where you can find Wu HU and Keong Seong (at LFS List - central region). These 2 are also quite popular.

Happy hunting.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Got mine fm c328 and they have oto also. Not 100% certain that they are authentic thou..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Was at Holland Aquarium lunchtime. They have genuine SAEs but all are juveniles. If you do not have big fishes like angel fish in your tank, I think they are buyable.

Holland is only a stone's throw away from Redhill. Check lfs list for contacts.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Erm, sorry to borrow the thread, What do you all mean by authentical SAE? Is the different between fly fox and SAE?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Read juggler's thread "Algae eaters at one glance" in the Aquatic FAQ section.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Small SAEs are better. The younger they are, the more algae they eat. Mine are about 8 cm each and they hardly eat the algae in my tank anymore. If I could catch them out, I surely give them away. They are snatching most of the fish food anyway.
    Otos are more reliable and they don't grow big too.
    Click here to help me make my Fish Room Project a reality!

flying fox and SAE

hi....in fact i also bought wrongly thinking that the flying fox is the SAE.....flying fox dun eat algae ..and they are nunsiance.....swimming very fast here and there disturbing the landscape..hence be careful