Country
    Singapore

how to make my own NPK??

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Guys

How can i concoct my own NPK using KH2PO4,KNO3 and K2SO4 for my 3x1.5x1.5 ft tank?

Tried using chuck calc. To achieve 5ppm of K with k2so4, its states i need abt 30 table spoon of the compound in 250ml of water.

Is tht right?? Did tried once before. Seems i cant get them to desolve fully.

Am i doing it correctly??

Thanks in advance.

Rgs
    Stephen

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Try downloading the program from Chuck. More user-friendly.

Btw, I believe 1 tablespoon equate to 2 teaspoons. A good gauge is the spoon given away with medical syrup by clinic. The big one is teaspoon, small is half teaspoon.

Check again.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: how to make my own NPK??

[quote:799dc6e279="apollo"]Hi Guys

How can i concoct my own NPK using KH2PO4,KNO3 and K2SO4 for my 3x1.5x1.5 ft tank?

Tried using chuck calc. To achieve 5ppm of K with k2so4, its states i need abt 30 table spoon of the compound in 250ml of water.

Is tht right?? Did tried once before. Seems i cant get them to desolve fully.

Am i doing it correctly??

Thanks in advance.

Rgs
    Stephen[/quote:799dc6e279]

hi think u might have miss read the calculator. you dont need to dissolve 30 tablespoon of it. the figure there 5.13 u get is every 1ml of the 250ml of the solution.

so u dun need to dissolve 30 TABLESPOONS. erm you can just dissolve 2 teaspoons in the 250ml of water and then pour in 20ml to get 2.2ml. you just need to multiply the amount of the soultion u are pouring in.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Lme

Thanks for the reply.

Prefer to get the right ppm per 1 ml. I hv a liquid doser from eheim. The container is just 50ml.. therefore will b gd if i cud concoct to get to tht concentration.

Just discovered tht my windelov are turning brown and my nana are rotting awy.

Any idea wht deficiencies are they?

Thanks

Rgs
    Stephen

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    What is the tank size, the light wattage, water temperature and CO2 concentration?

BC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi bclee

Sorry for replyin late.

My tank is 3x1.5x1.5. Lighting are 36watt x 4 x 7hrs per day. Temperature maintaining ard 26-29 C. Check my water last nite. Kh is low, abt 1 and Ph abt 7. Therefore will try to raise up the Kh so as to increase my co2.

Currently my nana are spotted with algae and my windelov are turning abit brown.

Thanks in advance

Rgs
    Stephen

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Sorry to add on the qn on doing ur own fertilzers potion ...have u all try using garden soil or some other kind on substance found naturally shich help in growth???