1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Wink Finally... CRS shrimplets

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    After trying for a year... Finally getting surviving shrimplets. Just want to share my joy with all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Finally... CRS shrimplets

Congrats bro!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Congrats. I'm still trying for few months already, berried very fast but its very challenging for me to keep shrimplets alive because I don't have chiller yet.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks Sgdepuissance & Starlett. I got berried shrimps quite often too, but the challenge is to keep the shrimplets alive... so far this is the best with 6 out of 8 survived. I'm having a 1ft tank thus I think my controlling of ph achieved this result.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

If its1ft, I don't think you have a chiller? But trying for a year, I admire your patience. It's been only few months for me trying on crs without chiller an I feel like too much pressure already.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Congrats on your shrimplets!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I do have a chiller. Bought a used unit from forum. Because I can't bear to see the shrimps dying off due to our hot weather. Had tried using just fan. .. Don't think its enough. Now I keep thinking of upgrading to a slightly bigger tank but don't know how about doing so.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by skvin2002 View Post
    I do have a chiller. Bought a used unit from forum. Because I can't bear to see the shrimps dying off due to our hot weather. Had tried using just fan. .. Don't think its enough. Now I keep thinking of upgrading to a slightly bigger tank but don't know how about doing so.
    I'm thinking of getting a chiller end this month. Worried the electricity bill will shoot up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Estimated around $20-$30 more

From mobile

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Congrats bro. No chiller some more...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by starfox View Post
    Estimated around $20-$30 more

From mobile
    Tks. Some also told me around there, 20-30 more but read some even shot up 100plus. Once I get my bonus this month will get chiller, most likely.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Sigh.... I used to finally succeed in getting PRL shrimplets until my tank sprout a leak and I have to change a new tank. None of my PRL made it unfortunately... Now starting with a new colony. Hopefully they will start breeding soon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by xuan87 View Post
    Sigh.... I used to finally succeed in getting PRL shrimplets until my tank sprout a leak and I have to change a new tank. None of my PRL made it unfortunately... Now starting with a new colony. Hopefully they will start breeding soon!
    That's very painful, especially for PRL...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Where to get a small chiller for my shrimp tank?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I getting from my friend in hongkong.. pm me if interested

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

My greatest condolence. I can feel some of your pain since my tank leak last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by xuan87 View Post

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Sorry to ask but where would normally leaks happen? Now I worried mine would leak..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Subdave View Post
    Sorry to ask but where would normally leaks happen? Now I worried mine would leak..
    Normally? I not sure if there is any normally but if I were to guesstimate, then it would be the joint. The sealant don't hold forever and depends on workmanship. It can also happen is you or someone accidentally knock into the tank.

Don't worry too much or you will end up one day worrying about crossing the road. Recent experience. Almost got knock down by a van while I was crossing the road when the green man is there for some time. Should I worry and never cross the road anymore?

I'll probably not be flying in an airplane, sitting in a car or taking any public transport. hahahahaha......

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Should I get married? What if my other half changes over the next few years? No married then no divorce. So want to married or not.

After married, want to have children or not. What if children turn out to be terrorist then how? What if I lose my job then how to raise the family?

Well....... I can only say this "you find a way to cross the river when you come to it".

It's not what we face that defines us. It's how we react to it that defines who we are. hahahahahaha............

Maybe S.E.A. Aquarium in Sentosa will leak one day. Until then, I don't think anyone is at all concern. Aquarium in Japan totally destroy by the earthquake and yet 4 months or so later, they recover and back to days before the earthquake. I saw this video. 1st half totally makes me lose heart and I'll probably give up. Not for the head of the aquarium who works double hard to restart again and restore back to former glory.

Did I learn something? Maybe not cause I'm still a little sad over it because I only have it setup for 2 months. hahahahha....... tough luck. Some still running well after few years.

If leaking puts you off then you have to consider that there are many more things that might dampen your spirit. eg: Algae, equipment failure, etc. I can't give you enough reason not to start with this hobby. Then again, what do you want at the end of this hobby? Likely it will be some form of enjoyment. Visitors to your home who admire your hobby making you feel nice? Know that you can do a proper job keeping everything going even when you encounter problem?

Everyone will have their own goal in some way, shape or form. Me? I simply enjoy it for now until I lost interest somehow for some reason.

Until then, I will continue to look at my hobby every night before I go to sleep. Not my wifey. Getting long winded with my post only shows that I'm getting older.

hahahahahaha....

PS: A laughter a day, keeps me younger each day. Hopefully.........

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Wa . Shifus. (Bow down)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast