Country
    Singapore

CO2 Top up at Bioplast......

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Bros,

Anyone has done top up there before.....

Please share your experience as I was told by the boss it can done in 15mins.

I wonder will the tank be completely fill?

Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers
    CFP

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I've done it before. I can't say its 15minutes, since I was there to buy some other stuff as well so it took me quite some time. But the procedure was rather fast.

He did fill it up, as in he'll release everything inside the cylinder, and then fill it up at the back of the shop. Pressure on my regulator is slightly above 1000 psi.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I have learnt from somewhere that some of the co2 refill are not really compact or just liquid form, correct me if I am wrong. Thus the usage is pretty fast exhausted.

I have not done any top up outside before as so far someone has done it for me, 1-1 replace. Mine is a 3.5L tank & it last me for 6 mths for 2-3bps.

Thanks for the reply.
    Cheers
    CFP

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You ought to give Bioplast a try. sometimes when you do a 1-1 exchange, some people say you could get a damaged cylinder in return, thus the possbility of danger.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I have been topping up my CO2 there for 2 years after I got my CO2 system. My 3 ft requires topping up every 3-6months(can't remember the duration, getting old). Will be topping up again some time this week.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Best in Singapore and Johore and some say Batam. Don't underestimate the short timing that he needs to takes to fill your tank. Also don't forget that he got a license for it too...I think.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I never tried Bioplast before. But have mine topped up at ChemGas (Tuas). They pump in liquid CO2. They have a weighing scale that measures the amount of gas pumped in. They recommend 0.65kg per 1L of cylinder size. So for a 2L tank, the weight of CO2 gas injected is 1.3kg.

So, you should be able to check if there is sufficient gas injected before/ after the top up from the weighing scale.

Let us know.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    To all Bros,

Thanks a lot for your info.

Great help.

Cheers
    CFP

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    anyone have the address of bioplast? tried the lfs list but don have. And what days are they closed. How much is it for top-up of a 3.5 l tank?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    the problem with Bioplast is that it's not their name. They are known as System Control & Engineering.... maybe you can ask the uncles there to change their shop name....

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Simple. Boon Keng MRT. Once you are up and out from the escalator, it is opposite the road and opposite the temple!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:35b3f5d592="barmby"]Simple. Boon Keng MRT. Once you are up and out from the escalator, it is opposite the road and opposite the temple! [/quote:35b3f5d592]

Make sure you take the Boon Keng Road exit. Not the other exit (Seranggoon?, sp?). From the exit gates, turn right.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:641bea198f="fleekk"]To all Bros,

Thanks a lot for your info.

Great help.

[/quote:641bea198f]

I have done the top up 2 weeks ago, it cost me $20 for my 3L or 3.5L tank.

According to the boss, it will be safe not to fully top up the tank.

It will be safe to bring the tank back home immediately & not to leave it under hot sun.

Cheers
    CFP

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I have been doing my top up with Sealico. They are at AMK but I'll call them and they will come to my place to pick up and will return the next day. Cost extra 2 to 3 dollars for that. I paid $20 for a 1.5 litres tank (If I am correct, it is the green neck and silver body type).

I have also experience topping up at LFS where they would just take a while only. They would transfer from a very big tank to mine. Not effective. If you can try peep to see if they are doing that, heh heh heh...
    It last me only 15 days!

I went down to Soxal a few time and they would have it done professionally. I think they told me something like they have to cool down your tank so that they can slowly fill it up (especially ours are miniature comparin to theirs) otherwise it may cause damages!

Both Sealico and Soxal filled tank last me almost a year at a rate of 1 bubbles per second

my 2 cents worth

Jellyman

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thks all for help..