3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Help fissiden fading from dark green

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I started growing the mini US fissiden with just a few strands tied to the wire mesh. 3mths later they have grown into a thick and lush bunch. However did not quite like the dark green texture and decided to relocate it to a brighter spot hoping to see a brighter green. However it turned out much faded and yellowing around the corners. Refer to the attached photos. The original color is similar to the fissiden on top of the rocks. The one in the wire mesh is the fissiden that had faded. Also noted that the surrounding has loose fissidens growing all over the soil and they are all in dark green texture. Why only those in the wire mesh has faded. Forgot to mention that there were 2 meshes and both were similarly fading when relocated to an area with stronger lighting.

Not sure if due to the Change in lighting from normal to HO or other notable factors listed below that could have contributed to the fading:
    - Filter was cleaned and replaced with a new filter pad​
    - The fissiden was originally in the path of filter output.
    - Using EI so did a 50% water change.

3ft Tank. Eheim 2028. ADA soil. LIghting 2 X 39 T5 / pressurized Co2 @ 8hrs/day.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Help fissiden fading from dark green

Read somewhere that Fert might burn mosses and fissidens, not sure if that might have contributed to it.

Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

The lighting can greatly affect the fissdens colour. When i changed From normal lighting to HO T5 it can caused massive pealing which I had never experienced before. Soon after my color changed

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by markus92 View Post
    The lighting can greatly affect the fissdens colour. When i changed From normal lighting to HO T5 it can caused massive pealing which I had never experienced before. Soon after my color changed

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    That sounds familiar. Hope that is the cause at least could avoid a similar disaster. But then again Fissidens are not exactly low light plants to be so sensitive to lights.
    3ft Tank. Eheim 2028. ADA soil. LIghting 2 X 39 T5 / pressurized Co2 @ 8hrs/day.