Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Cory cat and amano shrimp?

Cory cat and amano shrimp?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hey,

About a month ago I bought four amano shrimp for my 90L community tank. Existing occupants were 8 neons, 6 harlequins, 3 mollies, 2 assassin snails, 2 bronze Cory and 3 albino cory.

Temp 26*
    Ammonia0
    Nitrite0
    Nitrate15

the Amanos have so far been hiding beneath plants in one corner of the tank. Since I got them I've only ever seen one at any one time so I'm not even sure they are all still alive, but I'm assuming there's a couple. The last two or three days, however, one of the shrimp has been out at the front of the tank, stood next to one of my albino Cory's, picking at it. The Cory will flick it off but the shrimp immediately settles back to eating. At one point the shrimp was riding around on the Cory and the Cory seemed quite unhappy about this.

My question is, is this something I should be concerned about? If it was a one off I wouldn't be too bothered but I've suddenly been seeing this regularly. I can't tell my albino Corys apart so I don't know if it is always the same one, but it's never the bronze corys or any of the other fish. I googled but I couldn't find any information on this.

Thanks in advance for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Cory cat and amano shrimp?

Sounds like the shrimps are getting accustomed to the tank and now feel safe enough to forage out in the open with the fishes, thats a good sign.

Shrimps picking at fishes is common, its just part of their normal foraging activities. At most the fishes get mildly annoyed and just swim away.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com