Country
    Singapore

Smile Hello everyone!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

I have just recently gotten myself a small 28L fish tank and placed it in my bedroom for my viewing pleasure.
    I hope to learn from all of you!
    Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Hello everyone!

Welcome to AQ!!!
    What type of fauna do you plan to put there?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hey. I'm in the mids of cycling the tank but I already placed 3 hi fin lyretail swordtail in it.
    I'm really a newbie without much knowledge but with an open mind

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I like the streamline body shape of swordtail. I also have 2 in office tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Welcome to AQ bro!
    Swordtails are hardy fishes...hope to see ur pix soon!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

But the problem I have is that my male sword tail is very aggressive. It attacks any other fish it sees. It keeps harassing the other two female companion.

And another thing, where should I post if I need help with accessories for my tank? I'm wondering what additional accessories I might need, reason being I bought mine as a set with standard led light, and those partitioned filter at the back of the tank.
    Last edited by sbladerz; 23rd May 2014 at 12:22.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

By right if you have more females, should be ok...rightfully 1 male to 2 females or maybe 3 in ratio...however when u mentioned harass, perhaps courtship is in progress?

I presume your tank brand should be Rainbow? Cos my first tank was also a 28L tank with a partition, at the back there are 3 columns - mechanical filtration, biological filtration (filter media box) and motor pump...if so, in fact I think these are the basic accessories for your tank....other than that is just decorative purpose..else you can place thermometer, PH/Ammonia reader where you can stick in against the aquarium glass

Quote Originally Posted by sbladerz View Post
    But the problem I have is that my male sword tail is very aggressive. It attacks any other fish it sees. It keeps harassing the other two female companion.

And another thing, where should I post if I need help with accessories for my tank? I'm wondering what additional accessories I might need, reason being I bought mine as a set with standard led light, and those partitioned filter at the back of the tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I presume your tank brand should be Rainbow? Cos my first tank was also a 28L tank with a partition, at the back there are 3 columns - mechanical filtration, biological filtration (filter media box) and motor pump...if so, in fact I think these are the basic accessories for your tank....other than that is just decorative purpose..else you can place thermometer, PH/Ammonia reader (SeaChem Ammonia/PH Alert) where you can stick in against the aquarium glass[/QUOTE]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

[B][/B hi, which kind of pH and ammonia reader are available and affordable?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I am using API test kit...they sell either individual type of test kit or master test kit where u can test all-in-one (ph,gh,nitrite,ammonia)...individual costs abt $11...master costs abt $35...

Sent from my Sony Experia Z using Tapatalk
    Please "like" my FaceBook page - "Edquarium" (https://facebook.com/pages/Edquarium/350986588421491)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I have read someone that the api master kit contains paper test strip which isn't very useful. Is it true?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I have read someone that the api master kit contains paper test strip which isn't very useful. Is it true?
    Test straps ain't accurate, but there for hobbyist who only need a quick gauge.

I'm not a fan even I have both. But I normally use straps during 1st month of setup.

Sent from GT-N7105 powered by Temasek CM11
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

Hello, I have 3 low tech community tanks with assorted tropicals, also a small pond with gold fish and 3 Koi
    hope to learn some new stuff here.
    greetings
    kurt

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I am using API PH test kit and it's those where you drop few drops of liquid into the water and see the colour...just tested on my 3ft tank..it's reading a PH of 7.2

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Welcome to AQ Sbladerz!
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.