Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Can I dose everything or are they the same? Old sea mud, mineral rock, mineral plus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Can I dose everything or are they the same? Old sea mud, mineral rock, mineral plus

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    After my RCS all died in my planted tank, I decided to setup another tank strictly for shrimps. So damn kiasu now haha currently have crushed corals, old sea mud, mineral rock, and mineral plus, should I dose all as per instructions? Or are they all the same thing? Can some shrimp pro advice thanks!

Also do I need anything else? I'm just keeping painted fire red..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Can I dose everything or are they the same? Old sea mud, mineral rock, mineral pl

So many minerals inside. I'm not too sure if that's too much. If you have a mineral rock. You pretty much don't need any others.

Coral chips will raise GH. Mineral rocks will also raise GH IF i'm not wrong. So many items that is increasing GH. By how much, i'm not too sure.
    Recent studies shows that putting recent studies in your statement have a higher percentage of trust people put into your recent studies. What?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Can I dose everything or are they the same? Old sea mud, mineral rock, mineral pl

Ok noted, just wanted to be sure. Looks like the rest I can put up on market place soon

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

You might want to wait awhile more to hear from other views. They may have better solution or same with my opinion. I'm very sure coral chips raise gh
    Recent studies shows that putting recent studies in your statement have a higher percentage of trust people put into your recent studies. What?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

High GH will cause molting issues. That's what happening to my tank now.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Too much of a good thing becomes bad?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Too much of something. .. It's bad in love. . Remember the song? Lol

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I think you should constantly monitor it. But crushed corals from what I've read from many brothers here seems to be a no no.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Just mineral rocks will be sufficient, they slowly release the beneficial minerals that shrimps need and can actually use, so the pH and GH will be kept stable and not spike unpredictably. Since you are keeping RCS, this is already like providing them with 5-star hotel treatment... in such environments with optimal mineral content, they will be active, molt properly and maintain healthy shiny shells.

Coral chips tend to be rather tricky to use, they can cause rapid swings in pH and GH so not recommended unless you can keep checking constantly the water conditions to make sure its okay.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Will heed bros advice here and not be so kiasu, just stick to mineral rocks then. But how much PH increase can I expect? Currently, my PH is 6.4.

Hotel treatment haha but becos I had 25 RCS and now they extinct in my tank, I feel pretty bad and want to get it right this time round with my shrimp only tank

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Unhappy Re: Can I dose everything or are they the same? Old sea mud, mineral rock, mineral pl

For my tanks, i didn't spot any changes in the pH when i added the minerocks, i guess the soil's buffer is stronger than the rocks. Anyways you only need to put in a small 100-150 gram piece of mineral rock to provide sufficient beneficial minerals for a 2ft tank, so its not that large to affect parameters noticeably.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com