Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: How to cool down a semi-aquatic tank?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

How to cool down a semi-aquatic tank?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi bros

Can you advice how to cool down a semi-aquatic tank. Say 50% water depth only to 24c?

The reason is because I can cool down the water to 24c using chiller, but how to cool down the land space to 24c too?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: How to cool down a semi-aquatic tank?

Misting is a way to cool the internal temperature of the tank. But to 24 degrees, not very possible unless you use a chiller chill the misting system water tank. I think with a fan can also help to reduce the temperature.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi bro thanks for advice. Do u think rain bar and air stone can help cooling the land part to the tank?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by johnchor View Post
    Hi bro thanks for advice. Do u think rain bar and air stone can help cooling the land part to the tank?
    Unless you cover up the tank with either glass or acrylic plate, then from the chiller water pump to the rain bar to create cooling effect to the tank's atmos and of course will be able to reduce by at least 1 deg C but all depending of the size of your tank. Alternately, locate your tank under the aircon lor.
    cheers
    eddy planer

Wanna to read me? Try this

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

hi bro thanks for advice.

ya i have the top covered. apart from the rainbar.
    do you think adding a airstone will help cooling down the land area?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

airstone doesn't help it at all. You see the air-pump that create heat during the pumping operation and of course will give some hot air to it. Hence, there will be no difference it all. However, bear in mind all vivarium flora require a high humidity to live as they are well suited for humid environment of vivarium. For that, the flora will be able to recycle their moisture, hence flora may require very little attention. Once the right humidity balance is established, a closed vivarium can often go a month or more without watering and actually thrive on neglect! As for the rain, bar can create a beautiful waterfall flow along the background, rocks, big bog woods. Too much misty from a waterfall will create condensation on the inside of the glass can be a problem. Sometime, you have to allow your vivarium's excess moisture to escape for 15 -30 minutes to establish the environment. However, this process is still much easier to care than a planted tank.

I don't see the needs for vivarium flora to suit cold environment at all.

Hope this will help you.
    cheers
    eddy planer

Wanna to read me? Try this

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Nicely, shared Eddy! Infact the tank's temperature probably will base on the external environment temperature. Like that Eddy says, using air-con will be one of the best way.
    Other methods injected to the tank can probably lower minus 1-2 degrees only. Plus you must ensure humidity so your plants won't dehydrate. However if you want to cool the water in the tank using air-pump, you can trying using a under-gravel filter or air driven sponge filter that pumps water up to the outlet by air-lift and back in tank to let water and air contact to help reduce temperature. Just curious, what's your purpose to reduce temperature in your tank? Any demanding plants?

This is the filter I referring to.