Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: ADA Newsletter: [Know-How] How to grow Bolbitis successfully in your planted aquarium

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

ADA Newsletter: [Know-How] How to grow Bolbitis successfully in your planted aquarium

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Q) I am thinking of setting up a new 90cm aquarium and wish to produce a layout
    using Bolbitis. Please tell me the preparation, growing and trimming methods
    of Bolbitis as well as how to attach it to driftwood. Is this a better way to
    attach Bolbitis to driftwood compared to planting it?

A) Bolbitis grows better and more beautifully by attaching it to driftwood or
    rocks rather than planting it on the substrate. When selecting Bolbitis, you
    should put greater priority on the condition of the roots and stems than that
    of leaves. Keep in mind selecting the ones with thick and firm roots and stems.
    If the original leaves are in good condition, you may leave them as they are.
    If there are damaged leaves, cut them off from the base of the leafstalk.

Bolbitis usually appears attractive with its beautiful underwater leaves
    developed in the aquarium water if only its roots and stems, with all the
    original leaves removed, are attached to driftwood or rocks. To attach Bolbitis
    to the driftwood or rocks, put the Wood Tight through the roots and then fix
    the plant securely on to the driftwood or rocks. Bolbitis fixed to a small
    stone with Wood Tight is convenient when placing the plant in the dents of the
    driftwood for layout purposes.

If any old and stained leaves are found, you should cut them off from the base
    of the leafstalk. This is because frequent trimming of old leaves promotes
    active development of new leaves and helps maintain an attractive appearance.
    To trim Bolbitis' hard leafstalk, Pro-Scissors Force is recommended.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: ADA Newsletter: [Know-How] How to grow Bolbitis successfully in your planted aqua

I've always liked Bolbitis. But I've not had a chance to get a 3ft or larger tank.