Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to start a marine nano tank?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: How to start a marine nano tank?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

Just to revive this thread since I think the subject title of this thread is what most beginners will click on.

Can anyone care to share what they do for processing of their water before each water change? etc, whether you use a tap filter, de-chlorinator, what saltwater mix/solution.. my personal thought would be, for those in Singapore, the only thing to ride of, is the chlorine since our water quality is pretty good (I presume from the decades of brainwashing by govt propaganda).

Believe it will be good references. Thks!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

In Singapore, not only chlorine but chloramine that is needed to be removed. You'll need a refractometer to measure your salt mix salinity level. To calibrate the refractometer, it is advisable, in my opinion, to get a calibration fluid from American Marine Pinpoint salinity calibration fluid. A refractometer is a better equipment than a floating hydrometer or a swing arm hydrometer.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

I don't know about in S'pore but in Penang I just mixe my marine mix with filtered tap water. Attached is a photo of my triving tank. By the way, I also use a floating needle hydrometer to measure salinity.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Depends on what you want to keep. FOWLR, tap water with the proper salt should be fine. A bit more forgiving of salinity ranges also (not fluctuations). If you're intending to keep corals, especially SPS, then using filtered water with low TDS and a proper salt should be the way to go.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123