Images
    Country
    Singapore

Pico Marine Tank Qns

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    recently saw a small marine tank setup in clementi LFS. dimensions probably only a 25cm tank. with only a small HOf and LED light.
    wondering if i will to use the same setup with only a pair of clownfishes inside, is it feasible? is it a must to use live rocks or corals?
    ““When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.””

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Pico Marine Tank Qns

really not advisable - as this type of setup can only last you about a month unless you have lots of water to change resulting in very high maintenance cycle. I suggest a minimum 2ft tank with a proper OHF with some live rock - but this can only last about 3 months maximum, a marine tank is difficult unless you have a sump and proper skimmer. The simple Fish Only With Live Rock FOWLR setup is simple and your livestock kept low - then a 2ft tank is the lowest specifications that you can go.

Good luck!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

rule of thumb - the smaller the water volume, the harder to manage. fluctuations in water parameteres swings very fast

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Previously I have a 35cm pico marine tank for about 1 month before I upgraded it to 2ft and now 3ft...
    apparently with such a small tank, condition in water chemistry and parameters do change easily..i had about 3 fishes and a shrimp...therefore frequent water changes is advisable...I did water change once every 2-3 days in a week....live rock would be recommended to add...