Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Where to get FL20 18W daylight FL?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Where to get FL20 18W daylight FL?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,
    I've got a Nisso 2ft light that uses 2 X 18W FL20 T8 FL tubes. I was hoping if anyone out there knows where I can get my hands on these FL? It seems not a common size in Singapore.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    What is the length of the tube? Think if it's 2ft, it's commonly available, but if it's 23" then a little difficult, NA may have it though...
    Smile, and the world smiles with you!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

I guess yours is a 58mm tube. I am also facing this problem last time. It is just a Japan specs or some non local one. You can get the NEC tube, they are sold in most aquarium shop that are familiar with planted tanks but you must specify that it is 58mm type. I am using this specs for my ADA light hood. I was also using this tube for my previous Schuber Wright lighting. the tube cost about $15 each! not cheap but dun waste time trying to get from DIY shop or electrical shop, you will get more confuse

Let me know if you know a cheaper source, appreciate.

hope this info help.

jellyman

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Heya,
    yup it's 58 cm or FL20 (type code??). I'm still looking around for it. Mostly tubes of this length are 20W, 18W are pink ones.....my Nisso light set is 2X18W. I am contemplating to get the 20Ws and try out.....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Where to get FL20 18W daylight FL?

[quote:accc961e80="johntjh"]Hi,
    I've got a Nisso 2ft light that uses 2 X 18W FL20 T8 FL tubes. I was hoping if anyone out there knows where I can get my hands on these FL? It seems not a common size in Singapore.

Thanks! [/quote:accc961e80]

Maybe try to modify the set so it can hold normal cheap $2.50 tubes.
    Are the end-cap light holders fixed in position? See if there's space to modify it to hold non-fixed end caps.

Good luck.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

20 watts should not be a problem because my original ADA tubes (58cm type) comes in 20 watts. I am now using NEC and it is 18 watts, arr.. if I still remember it correctly because after sometime the marking are gone when you wipe them while doing maintenace.

I got my tubes from Far East aquatic. Look for Karin. If you stay Bedok North, then the LFS near the Blk 85 wet market. It is a small 'hut' by the side of the wet market.

Jellyman

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks Jellyman, I got a 20W tube and it's working fine. I've yet to go by Far east Aquatic, thanks for the feedback

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi all,

I am thinking of overdriving my current FLs for my 2 ft deep 3 footer. However, this action will requires a higher frequency of FL tubes replacement. Anyone has any good and cheap source for my FLs. Am I right to say that the wattage available for my tank size will have to be 25W? However, if possible, I will prefer to use my existing 30W output FL tube, IF there is a cheaper source. Anyone has any good recommendations(for shops and FL tubes)?

Cheers!