Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Ludwigia turning colour? Is it normal?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Ludwigia turning colour? Is it normal?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi folks , I planted some ludwigia sp in my tank 2 weeks ago. Noticed that the upper leaves are turning colour. See attached pic. Lights are on 6 hrs ( Up Aqua z led series) + CO2 dosing. Is it normal or is it indication of lack of light? The lower section leaves seems doing fine though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Ludwigia turning colour? Is it normal?

The ludwigia in my tanks also changed color as they grew taller and the tops get closer to the light, its their growth response to receiving more light. They would turn abit more bronze or orangey and eventually even turn purple or reddish if there is enough light, Co2 and nutrients. Its also part of their transition from emersed to submersed growth.

If you spot the leaves becoming soft or getting holes or tears, then those would be signs of deficiencies.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Ludwigia turning colour? Is it normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    The ludwigia in my tanks also changed color as they grew taller and the tops get closer to the light, its their growth response to receiving more light. They would turn abit more bronze or orangey and eventually even turn purple or reddish if there is enough light, Co2 and nutrients. Its also part of their transition from emersed to submersed growth.

If you spot the leaves becoming soft or getting holes or tears, then those would be signs of deficiencies.
    Hey urban aquaria, thanks for your prompt reply. i shall monitor the plant growth continuously for the next few weeks and update.