Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Suggestions please!

Suggestions please!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    this is my 4x1.5x1.5 tank, suggestions to improve please!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    looks great!
    suggestion : 1.put a small wood at the right side,front of the tank, instead of the few pebbles - blend in with the overall theme as u had one on the left.
    2. May be good to have the same type of fishes to create an overall "big fish" effect - 100+ to 300+ tetras. (But please dun throw away the rest of the fishes if u adopt this idea.)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    JT has good suggestions. Perhaps you might want to get a branchy driftwood and place it on the right, and re-arrange those plants to surrond its branches.

Remove the pebbles maybe? I think stones and wood shouldn't go together, but that's just me

This is a new tank right? Should look great when it matures, esp the foreground part.

re

thanks JT and |squee|!

the tank dimensions are 4x1.5x1.5 feet.
    it has three discus, 50 neon tetras, 14 cherry barbs, 10 guppies & 2 angelfish.
    would it be ok to add another 100-200 more neons as suggested by JT? (btw, i have a problem, the neons don't seem to school well!)

hmm..will a piece of driftwood covered with moss look nice if it is put on the right?

and |squee|, this isn't a new tank, has been almost 11 months, but i recently re-planted!

oh yes guys, will a moss background wall look nice?

please give suggestions!
    thanks!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Oh no wonder. it looked new and fresh from planting.

Why neons? Cardinals are much more nicer, and somehow I feel their blue shine is much more obvious than neons.

As for the moss background wall, I dunno, you could try it The thing is, trial and error. I think even Amano does a little bit of trial and error in his tanks for the layout too.

yah..but cardinals cost so much more!
    i would burn a hole in my pocket buying cardinals..

hmm..wondering if the moss driftwood or background would complement the tank?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    imho, the background looks fine already.

The cardinals will be worth your money bro. ( btw, no offence to your suggestion JT ) Get your cardinals from ( i think ) teo's farm. Heard they are cheaper there.

haha..but there isn't much of a background to speak of, is there?? :P

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You meant the background paper or the background plants?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, although I mentioned abt 100+ to 200+. but be extremely careful.. esp introducing of large no of fishes. It could upset yr tank bio cycle overnight and intro of the fishes(follow the intro of fishes rule). U wouldnt want to get 100+ dead fishes instead. Usually, I intro large no of fishes with air pump on , not to upset the bio cycle too much.(most prob would be lack of oxygen)
    As for the background, I think its fine as well...yr plants are likely to cover the background even if u put up a moss wall. ie may not be able to see the moss then

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    no offence...haha. if u see my pic on the left.heehee. I'm personally hot fav for cardinal tetras and rasbora aspei. The blend of rich red,blue and orange colour is simply...fantastic.
    waiting 4 my 4ft tank to mature as well befor putting the large no of fishes in....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I suggest you try to accentuate the feeling of a path from the front right into the back left of your tank. Possibly can add a look of depth and mystery hidden deeper within. But provided your red tiger lily doesn't grow humongous that is.
    Oh, the rare old Whale, mid storm and gale. In his ocean home will be. A giant in might, where might is right. And King of the boundless sea.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The H.difformis will look big in the left foreground. Can replace with a mid-size plant like B.japonica or a small size foreground plant.
    I think B.japonica can look good for the midground (in front of the Rotalas) and on the right foreground to hide the Aponogeton's stems.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

ok guys,

i just added a moss wall consisting of x'mas moss on two filter plates. super difficult to tie man. how long does it take to grow?

|squee|: haha..plants la!

JT: i'm thinking of adding more tetras too, but perhaps at a slower rate. shall wait for the plants to grow and balance out the o2 deficiency first..and yah..i do love cardinals..but i really can't afford them!

crandf: thanks! but the problem is..the tiger lily is growing really really big!

juggler: thanks! i'm thinking of removing the hygrophilia in the left foreground once the e. tenellus start spreading..which they haven't by the way. b. hmm..what's the common name for b. japonica?

oh yah, does anyone know anything about the apogenoton ulvaceus plant? mine seems to be growing a new leaf..the problem is..some of the other older leaves don't seem very healthy. so weird.

Feedback Score
    It looks like you have many stem plants tied to wood (am I right). Stem plants is best planted into gravel. When these plants grow taller, you need to prune them, usually by cutting and discarding the bottom parts and replanting the top parts (which are better looking). You can't tie them to wood in the long term.