Feedback Score
    Country
    United Kingdom

Attempting a paludarium

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi folks I've had a numerous fish tanks for a couple of years now and I've just picked up a 48"x18"x18" bare tank and decided to attempt a paludarium after seeing some stunning ones on the internet.

I've spent the last few weeks doing some research and getting some ideas. I have some ideas of how I want it in mind but I keep changing my mind every few days so I'm yet to buy any materials.

I'm basically looking for some feedback on my current idea, I'll upload a sketch or something when I get chance to draw one up, I'll try to explain best ican for now.

Ok....
    So the tank is 4ftx18x18 I plan on having 2 land areas one in the back right hand corner that I just want to build up with rocks and wood, and one on the left hand side that I plan on seperate with some glass from an old tank that is roughly 8inch high and 12inch wide, I will be creating a false floor in this section with eggcrate and some PVC pipes cut down to about 3inch I will wrap the eggcrate in black landscaping material and place a layer of pea gravel a couple of inch thick and top the rest of with some kind of potting soil or plain top soil, there will also be a long PVC pipe running from the top of tank down to bottom of the land area so I can place a syphon down to drain excess water. This land area will be built up and inclined to the back left corner so I can create sown kind of down hill stream.

I plan on getting 2 mini fluvel or similar filters that ican attach PVC piping to, to creat a waterfall and stream on the left and some kind of wet wall or waterfall on the right corner. All the piping for this will hopefully be covered by a cork bark background with possibly some small pieces of bog wood siliconed to glass.
    The filters and heater will be placed between the 2 land masses and hopefully hidden by bogwood and rocks that reach just below the waters surface to create a shallow type of crossing from one land area to the other.

The substrate for the water area will probably be aquarium soil substrate topped with pebbles.

The tank will only e viewable from the front so the cork bark background will extend to the sides of the tank with some form of ledges on the sides as well.

I'm still very new to plants I can see them in my head and how I want it to look but have no idea what they are called so a lot more research is needed on that part. Hopefully the background and sides will be pretty much covered in foliage.

I know it doesn't sound great as I'm not the best at putting what I see in my head into words haha.

Hopefully I'll be able to do a half decent drawing to give you a better idea.

Thanks for reading if you got this far without pressing back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Attempting a paludarium

Sounds fun, no updates?!?